A great game becoming unplayable

There are many people who come on here to moan and whinge about the the latest Football Manager product; i am not one of those people, i love the game. However, i'm having great problems with in-game crashes which as a result is making the game virtually unplayable. Or at least extremely demoralising to play.

As i'm playing the game this will pop up now-and-again and force my game to close:

applicationerror.png

It always happens when i try and click "New Game" to start a new career, and i'm forced to restart - often more than once, one time it took 11 attempts to get beyond the "loading" screen without crashing. Otherwise it happens when i'm playing an actual match, which, as you can imagine, is hugely frustrating.

As i say, it makes the game unplayable and i'd really like some advice as to why this is happening and what i can do to rectify the problems i'm having.

Thanks.

i had a crash dumb three times in a row with 9.3.0. every time i clicked the squad screen button (the one with the 3 heads on it) while in the match day experience screen. happened near the beging of the first season and didn't happen with any other combination of clicks so far.

as for advice, you can always try sending it to SI by ftp.

for your own sanity it would probably help to find out exactly what combination of clicks you making when it happens and avoiding it. like it did when i figured out why i was getting them.

Archived