FM has stopped working

I tried to boot up FM for the first time in a week or so and nothing happened so I tried again and got a message saying it was already running. So I checked on task manager and it was on the list of programmes but still no tab on windows, nothing. Any ideas?

Reinstalled twice now, both times after the install it has said that major errors occured and to check the log. The failiures says-

Install File: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\sigfx\meshes\pitch\textures\snowy\very good\pitch_top_left.dds

Additional Notes: ERROR - ZeroGpl: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

Install Directory: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\

Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - Error Installing Folder Contents: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

It did reactivate using the file called runme that you can download from one of the threads after a long wait, but the same problem still happens.

I looked there before you suggested them to be honest, I have a feeling this might be related to the activation issue that doesn't seem to have been resolved, whilst trying to reactivate I've recieved the -871 error and 0-0 error I think it was then using the other activation device you can download from one of the threads I eventually managed to get it reactivated successfully only for the same issue to keep on happening.

I'm really confused now, I tried a couple of things to see if it would help and then tried to run FM again. Same result nothing happened and about 5 minutes later FM started running and got the usual loading screens, but before the main menu appeared the windows pop up appeared saying FM2009 has stopped working.

I'm not sure what to suggest then. It looks like the installer is failing to extract files, logically I would suggest a manual install but the installer is cryptic to me so I can't see a way to do it.

I'm not sure what to suggest then. It looks like the installer is failing to extract files, logically I would suggest a manual install but the installer is cryptic to me so I can't see a way to do it.

No worries, thanks for the help. I'm puzzled by the whole thing because I can't think of any changes I've made to my system recently so its strange that it just stopped working. The only logical thing I can think of would be a virus, but beyond this nothing else strange is happening on my system. I'm doing a scan now just in case but I'm pretty confident its not going to find anything.

Archived