About champions league registration

I am not sure if here is the best place to post this question in... but then this is kinda player-related. Anyhoo... i'm now trying to register my players for the champions league. And i can see right at the bottom there are a few rules ("minimum of 8 players trained..."). The problem is i got a huge squad. I dun wanna register some useless reserve team players who are homegrown, but never have a chance to play in CL, ahead of the more talented overseas players. So i am wondering if i have to follow those rules.

but the thing is - it allows me to progress. I only have 7 homegrown talents, including 3 trained by my team in my whole 24-players squad list. thats why i brought this question up. is this a bug?

So, can you sort of work around the rules then? If, for example, I had 24 really world class players, but none of them were home grown, it would mean I'd have to leave a load out just to fit in the requirements of having x amount of hg players. If, however, I just selected 24 players instead of 25 then I don't have to pick any HG talent at all?

Don't know if that makes sense, I know what I am trying to say!

No.

If you picked 24 world-class players, of which none are home-grown, you wouldn't be able to progress unless you left 3 of them out.

You can take 21 world-class players and no homegrown talent.

You have to have 8 players who are classified as home grown IIRC. That is out of a squad of 25. So that means that you have 17 players who are NOT home-grown. After that, if you try to pick more players that are not home-grown, the game will not let you progress. But if you want to proceed with only those 17 players I mentioned, then yes, the game will let you progress.

Another thing is that if a player is under 18 years of age (I think thats the age, not sure) you dont need to register them. They can be included in your squad later even if you didnt register this player.

You have to have 8 players who are classified as home grown IIRC. That is out of a squad of 25. So that means that you have 17 players who are NOT home-grown. After that, if you try to pick more players that are not home-grown, the game will not let you progress. But if you want to proceed with only those 17 players I mentioned, then yes, the game will let you progress.

Another thing is that if a player is under 18 years of age (I think thats the age, not sure) you dont need to register them. They can be included in your squad later even if you didnt register this player.

think the age is under 21 you dont have to register them, that is for the champions league anyway

It is 21.

I once had NO homegrown players as I released all my bad youth-team English players and kept only the players I'd bought, and i was stuck as I could not progress, as I could not fulfil the registration requirements. Ruined my game, until I realised a few days later I could try holidaying through it, which fortunately worked.

Archived