Team structures.

Hey all, just a few general questions so I can get my head around this game.

So we all know there is 11 + Subs in a side, there are your seniors, reserves and U/18's.

-How many do you have in each squad? I always have people wanting to leave, or complaing about first team appearances!

-What do you do with young hopeless players? I just release them on free transfer then hunt for a better replacement in my youth squad.

-What do you look for in your squads? I'm reckless, anyone who whinges I sell, I tend to always buy young players.

I'm finding it hard to ask more questions, but I'm struggling squad management. With Tottenham, I am sitting 6th in Premiership, had a near side clean out too.

I am asking for everyone's idea's/strategy to get there squads organized.

I generally have a 1st team squad of about 25 players with a small % of my talented youngsters in there with the senior players. The fringe players in my 1st team squad, I mark down as available for the reserves so they can keep their match fitness. I also like to make some of my more promising youngsters in my U18's squad available for the reserves so they can experience playing against some better players to gain a little more experience. I like to send between 6-8 reserve players (under the age of 21) out on loan to a few of my feeders aswell.

When first team squad members become annoyed about not getting first team football, I try to give them a few run outs now and again to make them happy again and if they start performing well I will play them more and more. If their happiness doesn't improve, I transfer list them and hopefully after selling them I try and buy in some promising youngsters to build for the future.

I have anyone who is 18 or under in the U18's unless they are ready to play for me regularly and the rest of my player are in the first team, I put players who are out on loan in my reserves.

I keep all young players until they're contract is up, if they are 1-2 stars I release them, if they are 3 stars I try and sell them, if they are 4-7 stars I keep hold of them and loan them out from the age of 19-21 unless they are ready to play first team football.

I buy anyone who can improve my team, I like signing hot prospects and developing them, but I also like signing experienced players for bargain prices. I got Ashley Cole, Owen Hargreaves and Robinho for 5 million each.

Thanks a lot guys, give me an idea. I seem to rush through my seasons and skip any real squad management, I guess this is the reason I am asking as with better management I can succeed even further.

Currently on a 8 game non losing streak. 5th in Premier league.

Will start going through the young ones I guess.

Archived