Co-Ownership Issue

Before anyone says it, yes I know it was mainly my fault because I went on holiday, but it's still shouldn't happen.

I'm managing Udinese and in January of my second season Milan offered me £6.5m for a 50% share in my wonderkid right winger. The future fee was set at £12.75m and I was happy to accept as it was well over my asking price. Come the end of the season I holidayed to the 1st of July and returned to find that when Milan attempted to activate the co-ownership option and pay the remaining £12.75m my staff had offered the same amount to Milan in order to keep him. He re-signed with us, and Milan missed out, but we paid Milan £12.75m.

In other words, while I was on holiday my staff paid Milan £6.25m for a player that never went to Milan, never played a game for them, never even left my club. :confused: :mad:

Like I said earlier, I know it's my own fault for going on holiday, but surely my staff should know better.

That's the trouble with co-ownerships. I can't really offer advice, because I try to stay away from them when playing in Italy. I have noticed that the level of co-ownership deals drastically reduces after 1-2 years of the game, so I don't really have anything to do with co-ownerships after this time :)

As for your situation, the good news is, Milan paid you £6.5m and he never even moved! :D Did he remain at your club for the duration of the co-ownership?

As for your situation, the good news is, Milan paid you £6.5m and he never even moved! :D Did he remain at your club for the duration of the co-ownership?

No, Milan paid me £6.5m for half of his ownership in January, then I paid Milan £12.75m to buy back that half of his ownership!!!

So you were wanting to sell him? This is guess work, but you might have gotten your desired result if you'd transfer listed the player. That could have told your simulated staff that you would accept the offer from Milan.

I generally like Co-Ownership. When playing a small club it can get you some decent income without the loss of the player. And generally the player doesn't reach the standard required for the larger team to make a serious bid come decision time. So you're left with the player in your squad as well as the money. When you're managing a larger club you get to inject some funds around the leagues, and be able to keep track of players development. The irritating part is when clubs of similar stature want your players on co-ownership. As they'll naturally bid when the time comes. So never under two years and never with a set future fee.

:D I killed Amanda Palmer :D Excellent. Crap album though.

I must not be explaining this very well. I had agreed a future fee with Milan of £12.75m and I had every intention of letting him go to Milan, but when the co-ownership deal comes to deadline day, you are given the chance to outbid the other team. For some strange reason I bid against Milan and bought the player I already owned :D

That's why I'm suggesting transfer listing the co-owned player. It might be the mechanism required to tell the staff to not bid come decision day, or at least delay the bid. Treat them like the unwanted player they are.

(Give the album a few spins. It's not as immediate as the Dresden Dolls stuff, but it works.)

Archived