club favourites/legends

Just what do you have to do to get on the favoured/legend personel section at a club.

Been with Man utd from the start now in my 10th year, i have won the premiership 6 seasons in a row, i have done the treble. quadruple and held every trophey available in 1 season, finances are brilliant and i am almost the richest club in the world just 1 team above me.

After all this i am still not on the favoured or legends of the club list which is annoying, do you onlu get on that list when you leave the club or you have to be there for like 15+ years.

I am also waiting to be england manager which is even more annoying because i turned it down 3 times already because i wanted to concentrate on Man Utd and the current manager *Micky Adams* is doing to good to get sacked.

No i don;t cheat and add managers to teams ect so i won;t get the england job like that incase anyone suggests it.

I have been at Burnley for nearly 20 years now, winning the prem 14 years in a row and the champs league 6 times in all. I have amassed 15 league wins and 48 cup wins. So far i have played 1140 games as manager at the club and I am not even on the favoured personnel list yet a player who played 90% of his 100+ games from the bench for me is!!!!! Its impossible to get on them lists I am pretty much sure.

Also on a side note I have managed England for the last 11 years getting to the euro semis after 1 month in charge then winning the world cup then the confederations cup then the world cup again then the euro cup then the confed cup again then lost in the world cup final on pens and there isnt even a list for them which is crazy

Oh I also ceased to mention that I got a new ground with Burnley named after me too

i must say that this is one of the things that has really been annoying me alot, i have read everyone of these post that i have seen and still cant figure it out. if only SI would explain exactly how they have set that part of the game up. i.e. even if you keep winning everything for 10 years plus, what exactly are the chances of getting on that list. i have had it happen once a long time ago, so long ago infact that i cant remember when. lol

also please please get it right for fm10. we need more things in the game to reward us. (if we're good enough obviouslly)

i must say that this is one of the things that has really been annoying me alot, i have read everyone of these post that i have seen and still cant figure it out. if only SI would explain exactly how they have set that part of the game up. i.e. even if you keep winning everything for 10 years plus, what exactly are the chances of getting on that list. i have had it happen once a long time ago, so long ago infact that i cant remember when. lol

also please please get it right for fm10. we need more things in the game to reward us. (if we're good enough obviouslly)

Its easier to get on that list if your with a smaller club, and much tougher with man utd as you would expect

i completely agree with you there Boss, but lets think about this, how long has fergie been at man utd? 22 years or somet like that. there are people playing this game as manager of man utd that have been winning a lot of trophies for a lot more years than that. i have read somewhere (not sure where, will have to search through and link the post) that someone has been at man utd for 30+ years, winning prem + european champions most years. yet are still not on that list. like wise heard about it with people managing teams like west ham, portsmouth, real betis and many other mid table and smaller teams. thats where the problem is. just read steviegmans post. all we want anyone from SI to tell us is how the game works it out. i mean come on, i'm now in my 3rd season on my man utd save and 1 youngish player that had been at the club for 1 year before i took over has already an icon. yet it would take me a hell of a lot longer than that to just get on the favoured personnels list let alone icons or ledgends. thing is he not exactly been playing great, he's only averaged about 6.9 since i took over. so please, please, please SI can you enlighten us on this subject.

it seems you have to really overachieve with a club to become favoured personel (so getting it with man utd will be difficult). i became a favourite with stevenage after 2 succesive promotions and a cup win. i got a message saying that i had been given the keys to the city lol

it seems you have to really overachieve with a club to become favoured personel (so getting it with man utd will be difficult). i became a favourite with stevenage after 2 succesive promotions and a cup win. i got a message saying that i had been given the keys to the city lol

yep i get that, would almost completely agree, the problem is that some people EXTREMLY over achive, and im talking about 40 years or so of winning nearly everything, and yet nothing. its just starting to feel a little random, as some players get on the list after 3-4 average seasons, but after 30-40 over achieceing years the manager doesn't.

I managed to get onto Southampton's favoured personell after only 2 seasons and only gaining promotion back to the Prem which I didn't understand! Not even getting into Europe or any cup finals (the furthest I got was a Semi Final defeat to Man City in the league cup) ended up getting me right up to an icon!

• 2 weeks later...
I managed to get onto Southampton's favoured personell after only 2 seasons and only gaining promotion back to the Prem which I didn't understand! Not even getting into Europe or any cup finals (the furthest I got was a Semi Final defeat to Man City in the league cup) ended up getting me right up to an icon!

This has been brought up by me in the bugs forum, they said before I brought it up they were not aware of it. Yes, there were countless threads about it but none in the bugs forum where they're supposed to go. I still feel considering the amount of threads on the subject that it should have been spotted and sorted for 9.3.

Anyway yes, it would seem that it is impossible no matter how well you do to become a legend,icon etc for one of the big four and several other big name clubs in the game though it is very much possible with smaller low reputation clubs.

Archived