going back to 9.2.0 with 9.3.0 update here

The first thing you need to do is to save the folder from :

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\930

thats the 930 db folder and in that folder your see 930 xml file right click and edit the line

that says:

<string id="required_version" value="9.3.0" translate="false"/>

with this

<string id="required_version" value="9.2.0" translate="false"/>

then save that hole folder db 930 to somewhere you can get it later

then uninstall your game

and reinstall the game and patch 9.2.0

once you have done that then go and get your folder you saved and put it in

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\db

when you start a new game your see the 9.3.0 update to pick from but your be on the 9.2.0

match engine

you can also save the folder for the goal post if you like them aswell which are here:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\sigfx\meshes\goalpost

you can save that folder haswell to use in 9.3.0

well the list is a long one .

which many have pointed out on here

my views are : i wanna play a easyer game not a harder 1 . i play a game to relax noto get me stressed out

but im not happy with all the long shots or the corner bug . plus the closeing down bug

and the training bug in 9.3.0

plus the slow running of the game are just a few

well the list is a long one .

which many have pointed out on here

my views are : i wanna play a easyer game not a harder 1 . i play a game to relax noto get me stressed out

but im not happy with all the long shots or the corner bug . plus the closeing down bug

and the training bug in 9.3.0

plus the slow running of the game are just a few

Do you feel the long shots and closing down problem didn't exist in 9.0.2? Im interested in what you have to say because iv'e recently started a new game with 9.3 and I have noticed a problem with long shots and closing down.

Do you feel the long shots and closing down problem didn't exist in 9.0.2? Im interested in what you have to say because iv'e recently started a new game with 9.3 and I have noticed a problem with long shots and closing down.

there wasnt a problem with closeing down or long shots in 9.2.0

In response to Dar2000, I have no problem with playing a harder game, as long as it is more realistic. A game that does not get me stressed out, is definitely a plus, and any game that does, is most likely going to be more suited for a dumpster, rather than my computer. Not sure what the training bug is, or the slow running of the game, I have fortunately not experienced that.

From what I have noticed, because of the slight tweaks to the match engine, as others have stated, closing down is quite ineffective, unless set to "Whole Pitch" and above, although I do like that you can reduce the closing down, and play with a higher defensive line to a similar effect. The 3D gameplay is, however, noticeably smoother, and more pleasing to the eye

What I really don't like and find incredibly frustrating, is that I can have dominant stats, outplay the other team, even when I am using a defensive set up, and around the 75 minute mark or so, the AI is awarded some dangerous set piece, either a direct free kick on the edge of the box, or a free kick in my defensive third, and inevitably score from this, to win 1-0. I can accept losing when I am outplayed, but set piece defeats like that should not be happening on a regular basis, and unfortunately, in this latest patch, I find it is all too predictable and common.

The long shots were a bit of a turn-off, but now it seems if playing proper football is not working, the computer resorts to this almost scripted, default, game-winning approach whereby they either score a ridiculous set-piece goal, as mentioned above, or one of their players, usually a striker or central midfielder, takes the ball from one of the channels, dribbles across the the field, and from just outside the area, unleashes a screamer.

Now I'm fine with my tactics being off, or whatever, but when I am able to dominate matches (possession split is between 70:30 and 60:40, and in my attacking third for over half of my posession, CCCs are reduced compared to the previous patch, but still significantly greater than the opposition's), and I have specific settings to close down the game-winning player, I expect those instructions to work. Sure, attributes like marking, concentration, positioning, anticipation, workrate, etc. all play a part in conceding late goals, but when they are more than sufficient for my division, and I am able to adapt my tactics to the situation, and more importantly, see that they work fairly quickly, I just do not understand why this continues to happen, and I think therein lies the frustration for many FMers, myself included.

Sorry for the rant, but needless to say, if I am not able to "figure out" this patch (which I hope I can, because I really love this game, but I am getting increasingly frustrated with the seeming lack of efficacy of various tactics that were stellar in the two previous versions), I plan on going back to 9.0.2 fairly soon.

Ive noticed Fm 09 is running slow now, generating fixtures and when loading up new screens.

Never had a problem untill i got the latest patch. Glad its not just me, Can't understand why it runs so slow now when it was totally fine on the last 2 patchs. The game ran very quickly but not no more :(

Ive noticed Fm 09 is running slow now, generating fixtures and when loading up new screens.

Never had a problem untill i got the latest patch. Glad its not just me, Can't understand why it runs so slow now when it was totally fine on the last 2 patchs. The game ran very quickly but not no more :(

yes and i noticed just how slow it was once i went back to 9.2.0 now its much faster

Archived