Size of squads in Spain

Hey I am thinking of starting a new game in Spain however one thing that turns me off is the size of the squads on the default teams. Why is that a tema like Betis (and many others) have 30+ players in the reserves and 30+ players in U19 squads? How do they manage to find of them playign time?

Is this normal for Spain leagues to keep all this talent at a club?

For those who have managed in Spain do you keep a huge squd or did you trim it down?

I quite fancy starting a savegame in La Liga but I'm sure I read something about there being some pretty annoying 'bugs' in FM2009 related to the squad, when playing in La Liga.

Can't remember what they were though, but they put me off playing there until now.

I wonder if the 'bugs' were fixed inthe new patch.

P.S. I did try searching for any threads with La Liga bugs mentioned, but couldn't find the one I wanted.

OK well that thread basically says that Spain is a no-go for anyhone wanting to manage there. What a farce perhaps one of the biggest leagues in the world and it is not playable in the game? Wow

I knew I had read something about problems in La Liga previously.

Couldn't remember exactly what the problem was but it had put me off enough that I haven't tried La Liga yet in FM2009.

Pity, because like my people on here, I always enjoyed a couple of seasons in charge of Barca or Real.

I would always load up La Liga as one of my playable leagues and start somewhere and aim for one of the big jobs there a few years down the line.

Archived