d3dx9_37.dll error

Hi, I posted this in the Known Issues thread, but figure this may be quicker....

I built my friend a new PC yesterday, and he took it home. He installed FM2009 through steam this morning, excited to play it.

Anyways, he's getting an error when trying to start through steam, telling him the game has to be shut down. When trying to start the game manually (navigating on his PC to where its installed and starting it, he gets an d3dx9_37.dll error. But its not saying the DLL file is missing...here is a screenshot of the error.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p27/83_Mike/fm2009/error.jpg

He is running Vista Home Premium, 64bit version.

We've tried reinstalling DirectX and it didn't help at all.

As stated in my post, we installed the latest DX drivers, the very ones you link to infact.

Different error. That says the dll file can't be found, the error he gets, it finds the dll, but says "the DLL is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error" its in the screenshot :(

i think it also has the new update for DirectX in the lastest patch

steam had installed 9.0.3.

Cheers for trying though, hopefully someone can help us out. :(

Thanks Mike.

According to windows device manager, both are up to date. I know for a fact the graphics one is, as the PC was only built yesterday, and I got the drivers online from the Nvidia site.

I'll look for the soundcard ones on the motherboards website now.

According to windows device manager, both are up to date. I know for a fact the graphics one is, as the PC was only built yesterday, and I got the drivers online from the Nvidia site.

I'll look for the soundcard ones on the motherboards website now.

if you need the file then try here http://www.dll-files.com/

it will let you download the missing file and also tell you where to save it

Archived