Database Size need help

Hi guys i got my new laptop and FM09 yesterday and i have now installed it and downloaded patch 9.3.0. Im new to FM so could you tell me how many leagues and how large the database i can have on my laptop.

My laptop is 3GB, 300 RAM, Intel core duo processor.

I have things on my laptop like Msn, Yahoo, so not sure if that takes alot of memory. Cheers everyone for the help you have gave me about FM over the last few days its been a great help. :)

you have a lot of memory so i would assume the maximum amount or the amount that you want

Not very helpful.

When you start a new game, you can select the recomended setttings for your computer, click this and you will be presented with the amount of leagues and nations and will run smoothly on your llaptop.

To reiterate Huw's point somewhat, I tend to use "Double the recommended" as a general rule of thumb. The amount you are usually quoted as being "recommended" is really only a portion of what your system can really handle, especially if long term games aren't really your thing.

At the end of the day though, you are the one who will be playing the game, so it is all about your personal tolerance and patience, if you can handle slightly longer loading times, try a game with more leagues, if not, try one with less. Every time a new FM comes out, I start about 4-5 games with differing DB sizes and numbers of leagues, just to see where my patience runs out, then I use that as a benchmark for any future games I start

Archived