Why was 'move to reserve squad for X/until match fit' removed?

I used this extensively.

I thought the general clamour for a more user friendly interface with less tedious micro management and RSI inducing clickery was pretty loud around here last time I looked in ..

Why on Earth has this feature been removed? It was very very useful!

Just a suggestion for S.I. here but why don't you start analysing the number of clicks required to play the game over a period of 31 games and actively try to optimise that process? Reduce mouse clicks, increase the quality of the experience!

The old system of time durations e.g. 2 weeks or 4 weeks etc. was pointless, since reserves don't play at fixed intervals. It would be better to have a system that either allows you to assign a fitness coach or physio specifically to a player to ensure their correct and rapid progress from serious injury, who will monitor him directly in reserve games etc.

Or ..

Just let you specify a number of matches in addition to 'until match fit' rather than durations measured in days.

I must say i've never used this feature. Was it in FM08 or has it been removed from FM09 due to the patch?

It was in FM08, but was removed from FM09 completely.

It was one of the few things I actually liked about FM08.

I love that feature. I used to do i as well for disciplinary reasons. Some one didnt turn up or if they got a stupid red card i used to make them play in thr reserves. It was an awesome feature and i miss it sorely.

PLEASE BRING IT BACK

Archived