Player ratings still not very good, but, oh well

AM C ratings are fixed, but now I realized that D C's ratings are almost always lower than the rest of the team. I looked at the ratings in more than 100 games, so not only my games but also games between AI teams, even with great performances (like 15 succesfull tackles and 20 succesfull headers) the D C's still get ratings like 7.5. On the other end if a striker plays bad but scores 1 goal he gets more than 7.5.

When everybody plays average, my midfielders, forwards and full backs get 6.7-7.2, but almost always my D C's get 6.5-6.8. If one of them makes a mistake his rating drops to 5.2-5.7 easily.

It's not a show stopper, and everything else in the game looks like perfect, but I wish SI was more careful about this.

I think the DCs were way too high previously. Always seemed to be MoM despite not doing much out of the ordinary. It seems fine to me now :)

That said, due to the fact that scoring a goal automatically ups a player's rating by 1.0, I always subtract the number of goals scored from each player's rating in my mind.

I always assume that lowish rating for certain positions is a good thing, if my team dominate and my defenders have nothing to do, I don't want them getting 7's and 8's.

On the old games I used to get really annoyed because I had the best defensive record in the league, but my GK had an average rating of 6.5, but he had that rating because my defence were so good that he had nothing to do and couldn't get good ratings for performances where he does nothing. :D

Archived