African Cup - isnt it most annoying competition?

Just imagine my 2 keys CBs ans key DMC are form African nations... Internationals of course :) That should be good, right? ;) But acctually its not so good when they leave for that cup noone is intreseted in. So during that period lost 5 games and drew 1. Quite a lot of points given away...

So is there a way to stop international player from going to that cup if called?

You just gotta love the way people are so friendly and helpful on this forum sometimes . . . .

"Unfortunately, there is no facility for calling players back from international duty on FMH and matches cannot be postponed either (unlike the PC version) so I'm afraid you'll have to buy yourself some good cover in future!" would have been a much nicer way to put it.

You just gotta love the way people are so friendly and helpful on this forum sometimes . . .

Yeah, some are extremelly friendly sometimes :D

Thanks for an answer, bugle :thup:

players can get in trouble in IRL if they dont play when called up, cant they?

I heard ghanian players had some trouble with the government some years ago, but I think theres no official rule that player must play if called. Its all about players' love for the country.

Still, I know in basketball some clubs (especially NBA) have that clause in player contracts that they can forbid player to play for his national team(injury fear reasons). I wonder if there are similar things in football.

I had something similar happen before. I had 21 players on international duty once but luckly i only missed them for one game.

It makes me laugh that hes having a go at you for double posting when he had about 10 threads asking who is the best player in each position!!!

I had something similar happen before. I had 21 players on international duty once but luckly i only missed them for one game.

It makes me laugh that hes having a go at you for double posting when he had about 10 threads asking who is the best player in each position!!!

That wasn't him ;)

It was miamoo or someone like that :p

But acctually its not so good when they leave for that cup noone is intreseted in

None except the Africans you mean?

When you sign African players you know (or should know) you may lose them every couple of years due to the ACoN, so you shouldn't really complain about it.

I'm interested in the african cup of nations :)

If the euro championships were held in the middle of the season would you moan about your players getting called up for that......no you wouldn't. African people look forward to the tournament just like we look forward the the euro's and everybody wants to see the best players there. :D

Archived