211 million pounds

Mmm, imo you should use Jambo Daves 3-5-2 http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=16734

I think you should use this as i think man city don't have any good right/left sided defenders and they have a few good centre backs also i think you should maybe buy a left winger possibly Robben, i don't know if he would come to you though, also maybe someone upfront to support Robinho, Klaas Jan Huntelaar would be a good buy :thup:, also some steel in your midfield; Miguel Veluso or Angelo Palombo :D

1st you need a good DM everyone will say get veloso but go for muamba of bolton :D

Get a good AM silva is the one id go for.

And a striker i'd say gomis or villa. :D

Look on the good young player thread to find youngsters.

Or Palombo for a cool 18 Million; he's class :p

• 1 month later...

City's board in FMH '09 have to be the harshest in history! :D

I too was sacked within weeks of a league cup final appearance (though with City's board, whether actually winning said cup would've made a difference, I wouldn't like to say!) and went on to manage Fulham in the championship in season 2 in my last game.

Have recently started again using Ridley's new tactic on here, though it's still very early days I too am now at this surprisingly difficult point of assessing players, as you don't want to blow all your money on a team that won't gel and/or won't get results for the board, spending £211million is harder than it first appears! lol

Initially I'd found a good winger at Villareal to replace 'SWP', but he's been playing well and the asking price is £20million+ now for him so SWP and Petrov stay on the wings for this season probably.

It's 50/50 between Ronaldinho and Kaka for me, I'm swaying more towards Ronaldinho due to his creativity being higher, but I've had Kaka in the past and he's been very good overall. Silva and Aguero are great too but I don't feel either are the complete article yet.

The full backs are the weak link at City, Garrido and Ball aren't championship-winners and neither is Zabaleta IMO (who is only 'accomplished' at RB too), my scouts have just reminded me of Taye Taiwo of Marsielle, who I've often admired in previous FM's, so he maybe an option at DL.

I'm gonna try posting my overall progress when my season is done in Ridley's 4-4-2 tactic thread anyway, after the first 2 friendly victories I'm quietly optimistic so far.

just thought i would say this . . people are saying sign Villa or Silva and the rest but i am Man City just now and i managed to sign 6 or 7 really gd players but the best i got was Trezeguet n Juninho ( in January 09 )

how can you manage to get players like Villa n Silva in your 1st season :confused: ?

also this question to the Opening Poster . . how did you manage to get 211m 1st season mate ? i got 115m or something like that

i practically built my own squad in the 1st window based on team work and work rate, has worked wonders must i add :D

cheers ;):D

I always start every FMH '09 game with a £210mlllion transfer budget with City, though that can vary as time goes on of course.

And when I do a standard player search (ie. just selecting 'clear' so only 'interested' is 'yes') at the start of the game, Kaka, Augero and co. come up.

Archived