Boredom!! What can be done??

Hello all, firstly i would like to say i love FM09.... played the manager series since champ man italia 92 and have every version since then in various places around my house... FM09 isnt perfect but its still a wonderful game.. A game which i spend 2 much time on!!!!!!!

Anyway my point.... Im stuck..... I last maybe 1 season or just after and then i get bored... Ive tried being the great clubs and the rubbish.. have tried different leagues. I just get bored and think ok lets start again (which i do) but then im bored fairly quickly again..

Ha ha perhaps i dont really know my point or where to post this.. but i suppose im after a bit of help or a challenge to get my juices flowing again....

Love you all...

Wicked cheers guys.. I spologise if this was posted in the wrong thread which im now suspecting it might be... ah well no harm done i suppose...

The cricket's on in the background and im about to take on one of these challenges... lets see what happens..

Still love you all

I find Dafuge's challenge a bit time consuming. If I had a month off I might try it, but for now I tend to go with my own challenges. Haven't hit the stage where I need to start messing with those, though yet. In fact, now I think about it, I haven't had a chance to play as my own team, Leeds, yet. Started as the big clubs to get a feel for the game, then tried Newcastle and got addicted to this save, and am only in 2014.

To the OP, have you tried Luton?

Oh, I did recently create a new Premier League database where every team had the same amount of cash - £1billion banked - and the same transfer budget - £100million - and same wage budget - I forget how much, but healthy. All clubs were managerless, and if their current "real" manager (EG, Fergie) appeared in their favoured personnel, I got rid of them. All clubs had sugar daddies. One thing I forgot to do was erradicate all debt, so I'll correct that sometime soon.

I only played it the first couple of months because I got the call to beta test, so figured I'd better go with a 'proper' save. But there were some interesting moves. Sam Allardyce went to Bolton (in favoured personnel), and Fergie went to PORTSMOUTH! Quite a lot of clubs spent big money on 1 or 2 players but of course reputation plays a part in who will sign for whom.

Might fix the database and try again. Only took an hour or so to set up, so that's worth a go.

If I have time I might do the same to the Championship and L1, too. £1billion each - what credit crunch?

Oh, I did recently create a new Premier League database where every team had the same amount of cash - £1billion banked - and the same transfer budget - £100million - and same wage budget - I forget how much, but healthy. All clubs were managerless, and if their current "real" manager (EG, Fergie) appeared in their favoured personnel, I got rid of them. All clubs had sugar daddies. One thing I forgot to do was erradicate all debt, so I'll correct that sometime soon.

I only played it the first couple of months because I got the call to beta test, so figured I'd better go with a 'proper' save. But there were some interesting moves. Sam Allardyce went to Bolton (in favoured personnel), and Fergie went to PORTSMOUTH! Quite a lot of clubs spent big money on 1 or 2 players but of course reputation plays a part in who will sign for whom.

Might fix the database and try again. Only took an hour or so to set up, so that's worth a go.

If I have time I might do the same to the Championship and L1, too. £1billion each - what credit crunch?

Sounds interesting. It's nice to see you have the patience with things like that. Maybe I am just too obsessed with realistic games to try it myself :confused:

How about changing the reputation of these clubs that you are modifying, so that they are all even. And that they have no favoured personnel, icons or legends at all?

Archived