keeping players happy - help needed

I have a couple of promising players in my team (mid-table, SPL), but now they want to leave and move to bigger clubs etc etc.

They are not interested in new contracts at the moment, but are tied to long contracts. I have previously had success in changing players mind, and recently won the league cup (they wanted silverware)

Does anyone have any advice on ways to make the players happy again? Their moral is either poor or very poor, but they still seem to play fine and get good ratings.

Or should i cash in on them....?

i actually found that one unhappy player in the last season, wanted to move to a bigger club. when i offered him to clubs (for a stupid large amount), noone bid. he remained unhappy, so i left it. a few game days later i checked his personal page, and he was now unhappy cos offering him out had automatically transfer listed him, and he was now 'determined to prove his worth to the team'. i untransfer-listed him, and he was instantly happy again.

unfortunately, this doesn't work every time!!!

A lot of players want to move to a bigger club, but then if a bigger club doesn't come in for them they change their mind :)

Fickle players!

I'd love that to happen for me. I always regularly have about 3 players wanting to move to bigger clubs and they never get happy until I say they can leave, and they never accept a new contract. So, in the end I just sell for vastly over inflated prices.

Archived