Chairman accept offer without informing me!

:mad:

I am managing Man Utd and now in 3rd season.

Newcastle make offer for Johny Evans for 8m. Although I seldom play him, I want him to play as backup and hope to develope him into good DC in future even I already have Fazio and Sakho.

So, instead of rejecting, I rise the price to 14m and I am CONFIDENT that Newcastle will reject the offer as Villa does previously.

BUT, Newcastle accept it and... the chairman, David Gill accept it. I don't have the chance to reject and even during finalising the transfer, David Gill make the decision again...

That really annoyed me although that's my fault to play with Newcastle.. :(

Anyone faces this before?

Why would you ask for £14 million and then be annoyed when you get what you asked for? If you didnt want to sell him you should have asked for £50 million. I think the chairman would think that because you asked for £14 million and that is what they bid then he should accept.

£14 million is a very good price for Jonny Evans there are far better players out there than him and you have 2 of them already lol. I would just move on be happy at getting that much for him.

Ya you are right. I have to move on since he has gone to Newcastle. Haha. It just that I have never expected that Newcastle would accept 14m for a player who has just played 5 games in two season under me.

And of course, the players that I really liked, I will just rise the price to ridiculous one if any team makes offer for him.

And of course, the players that I really liked, I will just rise the price to ridiculous one if any team makes offer for him.

Thats what i did i had a striker worth 10mil but really didnt want to sell him, so when Juve enquired (the striker would have been unhappy if i refused outright) - so i went and said would only sell for 100mil thinking that would put them off. Anyways it worked they backed off due to the price. However lots of clubs interested in my striker and inter came in 2 days later with a bid of 33mil and the chairman accepted this on my behalf as too high to refuse.

Bit annoyed that i lost my star striker - but 33mil goes along way when ur a mid table prem team.

Take the hit, spend the money wisely and move on!

Archived