Push up defensive line+offside trap, has anyone tried it?

I was wondering if it would be a good defensive strategy or not. It could be great for teams having good defenders, but in the other hand I wonder if the opposition will score too many goals when doing a counter attack and/or with fast strikers. Plus, I think it would be necessary to have very good defenders in positioning, but would pace and acceleration be also necesary? And anticipation? Has anyone tried a push up defensive line with offside trap and can tell us if it worked well or not?

I was wondering if it would be a good defensive strategy or not. It could be great for teams having good defenders, but in the other hand I wonder if the opposition will score too many goals when doing a counter attack and/or with fast strikers. Plus, I think it would be necessary to have very good defenders in positioning, but would pace and acceleration be also necesary? And anticipation? Has anyone tried a push up defensive line with offside trap and can tell us if it worked well or not?
#

Have used it all the time when playing at home and has proved effective. It helps to have defenders with pace, anticipation, decisions, team work, communication and positioning but this is relative to the level you're playing at.

Give it a go :)

I have a tactic based on zonal defense (trying to reproduce tactics a la Sacchi, or rather the way Atalanta in Italy plays), so push up line and offside trap are part of it. The back 4 is set with tight mark on and light tackling, mentality is normal in order to have midfield and defense close to each other. Also the GK needs to play as a sweeper, so high mentality is needed.

I play Zamora in Spanish Segunda B (a medium high level team) and I'm having decent results, although it's risky because I don't have the best suited defenders for the tactic. As mentioned, positioning, pace, acceleration and anticipation are key stats for the Central Defenders.

if you have pacey defenders you should be fine for the most part. iamjerome is right saying it doesn't work as well as it used to. i've been experimenting with a sweeping keeper thinking that would help clean up the long through balls, but i haven't gotten it to work yet.

Archived