What am i doing wrong? wolves related

Yes another of those post's.

Can i start by saying i have read wwfan's sticky about tactic's framework's etc.

Right, I am a wolves fan and for that reason I pick Wolves in the championship for every game i start, the problem arises because i haven't yet got past Christmas without getting the sack.

When playing the game i try to play the same as wolves do in real life, for those of you that don't know they're currently 6 points clear at the top of the league with the most goals scored in the English league and 53 points after 23 games, pretty good if i do say so myself.

The Board tend to give you about 6 million pound to start off with and you already have a decent squad, the weakest point is highlighted as central defence, and in my opinion there is inadequate wing cover plus the need for another goalscorer as iwelumo is underrated.

I understand that on the current patch the players won't be as good as they are in real life but they should surely be doing better than the lower mid table results and no cup run that i manage?

I conceed too many long shots, tried pushing my defensive line up and having my mcd on a low mentality but this doesn't fix it.

My wingers get to the byline but when they put the crosses in my big centre forward isn't there getting on the end of them and the poacher isn't picking up on the lose balls.

One of my winger's (michael kightly) get's given a free role as in real life with lowered crossing to try to get him to come inside, when he does come inside from somewhere by the corner flag he always hits a cross which is blocked by the fullback then goes out for a corner.

I can't score from the resulting corners!

My two central midfielder's have some success getting forwards and hitting long shots even though id prefer them to work it back out to the wings.

If you could help me with the above i'd be extremely grateful, i'm likely to add to this thread to but i'm sure it would help others too.

Ive looked at loadsa other threads but it seems whenever i fix one thing something else comes along.

Someone who could give me any Wolves specific advice would be great but general advice would too.

Thanks.

I play one game as wolves. First season wasn't great and finished just outside the playoffs. I seemed to suffer from Wolves having made lots of summer signings (so needed time to gel) and lack of a prolific striker. I adopted a pretty defensive tactic (4-5-1) and saw the season through, watching the upcoming free transfers.

Season 2 got myself some real pacey players and doing very well, similar to how Wolves are doing in real life this season ;)

I can usually get Ebanks-Blake to be prolific so that's not my problem and he has 17 pace. Didn't think about the squad needing to gel point but you are right about that, I have tried not making any signings though to reduce this effect and still no joy. Anybody else got any advice?

My point exactly, and i prefer to not download anyone else's thanks.

Mine aren't that bad, i usually get more clear cut chances than the opposition and more posession etc. i just wish i could get my star performers to perform.

Changed my crossing to go to far post and now my attacking player's tend to get on the end of crosses, going to restart with the new patch and hopefully a much better more settled side.

Archived