Cutting out the sleep head Centre Back??

Just need opinion's to help give me more option when possibly seeting up my Centre Backs.

Im doing fairly well mith my eam and results, One thing that stumps me is the Centre backs and there instructions...

At times when it seems to simple to either make a tackle for the ball. close it down, run back and defend..

im finding at times they don none of this, they either go walk about or just stand still when all they need to do is kick on oncomingball. these mistakes always cost me a goal, basicly i know when im going to let a goal in based on the ME and defender mistakes..

people that will say it';s your tactics. im not so stupid to keep using the same instruction's iv tryed different thing's but even when im winning and in control of games, it just happend at random.

is there any clear indication i should look out for? or somthing i could or should do?

This may be a dumb question, but do you always carry out your ass.man's tactical advice during a match? I make sure to always do this, and make sure your centre backs are not getting too tired late on in the game. Another thing is I would check that you have as close to a 7 star defence coach as possible to help train these mistakes out of your defenders :thup:

I've had similar problems. Once my defender had got the ball and was being chased down, but for some reason stood still on the spot, lost the ball and then tripped the striker to get a second yellow card and sent him off. I've also had them win the ball in a tackle, run towards the ball before stopping and letting the tackled player retake the ball.

Archived