move tactical arrows?

hi im an avid fan of fm and am puzzled as to why on some tatical screenshots people have there arrows curved in to pen area etc...in the last fm you did this by using the left mouse button but on this game i can only go directly foward or back using the left key.I downloaded on steam,so dont have a manual..could you please tell if or how it is poss,please

Just to note, sometimes the arrows seem to go at an angle - for example, on my 4-2-3-1, my left MC has FWR often, and his arrow is offset to the left. I'm not really sure why. But it's just a cosmetic thing, it's still just FWR often.

If this isn't the answer, you've probably just been looking a screenshots of 08 or earlier, which had the horrible stupid old arrow system.

thats rediculous. so players are pretty much stuck in very structured positions now?

I remember the good old days when the pitch was broken down into sections and you could position the players where you wanted them when the ball was in that section.

Some times i think they get the detail level wrong. There seems to be less and less you can do tactically, but more and more feedback on tactics

The new match engine lets the players drift from their positions.

i.e. an AMC(left sided) will drift to the wing even w/o the side arrow.

Players are much smarter and will attack the space rather than being restricted in their positions like the past FMs.

Ever so often, my DMC who is set to rare forward runs might have a sudden urge to get upfront and blast in a long shot outside the area. :)

Archived