In Game Editor not showing up when Offline in Steam

etmoney28

• SI Staff

Hi @etmoney28 @Dorochai  @Giggiux,

We're aware of the issue and have a workaround. If you could all return to online mode, re-enter the store (you don't have to purchase anything) and this should log your IGE purchase for offline mode.

Apologies for this occurring, we are working on ensuring an actual fix is implemented ASAP.

Thanks,

Connor

1 hour ago, Connor Winks said:

We're aware of the issue and have a workaround. If you could all return to online mode, re-enter the store (you don't have to purchase anything) and this should log your IGE purchase for offline mode.

Apologies for this occurring, we are working on ensuring an actual fix is implemented ASAP.

Thanks,

Connor

tried it yesterday...not working

On 25/11/2020 at 11:52, Connor Winks said:

Thanks,

Connor

So I previously bought the IGE from the Steam Store, and not In game.

Loading a game, clicking on the "FM" button, then "Downloads", I could see the IGE as NOT purchased.
I tried to buy it, it got stuck on the "Processing..." loading modal.

Had to press `esc` to go back to any usable interface.

Quit the game, enabled In-Game Overlay.
Reloaded the game. This time when I try to buy it, the overlay opens, and I could technically re-buy the IGE, making another 3.99 pounds transaction (or at least steam asks for funds).

Hope you find a fix soon.

On 26/11/2020 at 09:27, Giggiux said:

So I previously bought the IGE from the Steam Store, and not In game.

Loading a game, clicking on the "FM" button, then "Downloads", I could see the IGE as NOT purchased.
I tried to buy it, it got stuck on the "Processing..." loading modal.

Had to press `esc` to go back to any usable interface.

Quit the game, enabled In-Game Overlay.
Reloaded the game. This time when I try to buy it, the overlay opens, and I could technically re-buy the IGE, making another 3.99 pounds transaction (or at least steam asks for funds).

Hope you find a fix soon.

I tried the same things. Any one found a fix or workaround for this yet? @Giggiux @Dorochai @Connor Winks

On 25/11/2020 at 10:52, Connor Winks said:

Thanks,

Connor

If it's a known issue why has it not been fixed in the update that was released today ??? 

20 hours ago, etmoney28 said:

@Giggiux @Dorochai @Connor Winks

Do we know if we request the refund from Steam and then buy the IGE straight from SI if the IGE will work in offline mode?

I have no idea. I would not spend 4 more pounds on something I already have though. As the IGE is not refundable.

I can confirm that they did not fix the issue with the latest release. Very sad honestly since I paid for a feature I can use only half the times I have FM open.
I'll just use third party IGE until this is going to be fixed.

Edited by Giggiux

1 hour ago, racingsquirrel said:

The workaround doesn't seem to work. When I go into the cart, it says this game (IGE) has already been purchased. Little Pencil is there online but not offline.

Im getting the same issue they could of fixed in the update what came out today but yet again it gets overlooked

49 minutes ago, Jeffs72 said:

Im getting the same issue they could of fixed in the update what came out today but yet again it gets overlooked

Well, Basically, we bought a promise.. Gave money for icon with description tjat it will work.. And 10 days after djokaaa😂😂

21 hours ago, etmoney28 said:

@Connor Winks

Any update??

SI sold you, and continue to sell others, a defective product and you expect them to communicate through their official forum.

Really? :)

It is a know issue.  Have _faith_.

• 3 weeks later...