[FMM21] Spanish league second team training problems

Shadee

• SI Staff

Hello, I find out that my second team players are always in off-season status, though they did play games in second division B.

This problem also exists in FMM20...

Apologies for this - I can let you know I've replicated this and have managed to create a fix for the issue locally.

I'll get QA onto testing it tomorrow and if all goes well it will be present within the first update for the game.

(thanks very much for the feedback :D )

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Apologies for this - I can let you know I've replicated this and have managed to create a fix for the issue locally.

I'll get QA onto testing it tomorrow and if all goes well it will be present within the first update for the game.

(thanks very much for the feedback :D )

Thank you!

@Alari Naylor - Out of interest, is there any reason why Second Teams are still used rather than Reserves? I get that Second Teams could play games before Reserves could, but now that Reserves can play games, I wonder why they can't just be Reserve Teams (with the appropriate name obviously).

Not only is this (always off-season) a problem for Second Teams, there are other problems. For example, you don't get feedback when you offer a player out (eg "no interest in player X" or "several clubs showed interest" etc). If you want that, you have to move them to the first team while you sell them... That's still a problem this year (I just tried with Moriba in Barca's B Team). 

There were other problems last year (not sure if they still exist): At some clubs players would have messages about needing better facilities or staff, even though the first team had top facilities and all Gold Natural coaches (I guess the second team had dodgy facilites and coaches and no way to upgrade them). And leaving a player in the second team saw almost no improvement, even if the second team was playing games (whereas they improve a lot better in a Reserves team). And if you loaned them out they hardly improved, so you had to leave loanees in your first team. And if you did demote someone loaned out, then there was no way to promote them again. 

As I say, I have no idea if those are still a problem this year. I probably should have reported them last year instead of just compaining about them over on Vibe. 🙂 I'm gonna try to do better this year.

But none of these things are problems with Reserve clubs, so a simple solution might just be to do away with Second Teams and make them all Reserves. If there is a good reason to keep them (and I get that there very well could be), it would be great if you could please make Second Teams as alike to the Reserves as possible.  

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

@Alari Naylor - Out of interest, is there any reason why Second Teams are still used rather than Reserves? I get that Second Teams could play games before Reserves could, but now that Reserves can play games, I wonder why they can't just be Reserve Teams (with the appropriate name obviously).

Not only is this (always off-season) a problem for Second Teams, there are other problems. For example, you don't get feedback when you offer a player out (eg "no interest in player X" or "several clubs showed interest" etc). If you want that, you have to move them to the first team while you sell them... That's still a problem this year (I just tried with Moriba in Barca's B Team). 

There were other problems last year (not sure if they still exist): At some clubs players would have messages about needing better facilities or staff, even though the first team had top facilities and all Gold Natural coaches (I guess the second team had dodgy facilites and coaches and no way to upgrade them). And leaving a player in the second team saw almost no improvement, even if the second team was playing games (whereas they improve a lot better in a Reserves team). And if you loaned them out they hardly improved, so you had to leave loanees in your first team. And if you did demote someone loaned out, then there was no way to promote them again. 

As I say, I have no idea if those are still a problem this year. I probably should have reported them last year instead of just compaining about them over on Vibe. 🙂 I'm gonna try to do better this year.

But none of these things are problems with Reserve clubs, so a simple solution might just be to do away with Second Teams and make them all Reserves. If there is a good reason to keep them (and I get that there very well could be), it would be great if you could please make Second Teams as alike to the Reserves as possible.  

If you could add a separate thread with these issues please it would really help with tracking. It will be the research team who have control over whether these are set as second or reserve teams, though.

5 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

If you could add a separate thread with these issues please it would really help with tracking. It will be the research team who have control over whether these are set as second or reserve teams, though.

Okay will do, starting with the feedback on offers, and then the others as and when I notice them (if they still exist in 21, though might be a while before I play a team with a Second Team). 

The general point I was trying to make though is that if it had been last year, I could have created 5 or 6 separate tickets, all saying "please make second teams act like reserves for this thing" and I was wondering if there was a threshold where it became easier to say "maybe we don't need second teams anymore". But I get it's not as simple as that when developing software, so will lodge the issues.