How to improve junior coaching and youth recruitment?

For some reason, the option to request increased junior coaching and youth recruitment isn't appearing in the board request options. Is there a ceiling that certain clubs cant surpass, or is there something that needs to happen before I can request it? For example, do I need to reach a new level of reputation? Also, my youth facilities are being upgraded right now, do I need to wait until this is finished?

For context, I know that it can't be a financial problem. I'm managing Bray Wanderers in Ireland. I'm in my 8th season and have just won the premier division title for the fourth time in a row. After five years of competing in the Europa league group stages and the Euro II group stages. I've just qualified for the champions league group stages. As a result, in a country where winning the domestic title gets you £400k, I now have over £19m in the bank. So I should be able to afford all of this stuff pretty easily.

Edited by Whalix

Different Boards can be more or less agreeable to increasing facilities.  So a Board who desires their manager to develop young players should be happier to invest in facilities than a Board who doesn't really care about that.

You may also find at the end of each season you get an email regarding your youth category.  That may also impact your ability to invest in facilities, so keep an eye out for such an email and check with your Board after you receive it.

3 hours ago, Whalix said:

Also, my youth facilities are being upgraded right now, do I need to wait until this is finished?

That may be linked so keep checking with your Board :thup:.

You also don't say at what level your facilities are.  They can't be upgraded infinitely so if you are already at the max you won't get the option.