All Things Pressing

My Questions:

1. What attributes/traits are best for pressing? What other attributes help? How do these attributes help with pressing? What do they do?
  2. What is the difference between natural fitness and stamina? Can a player still be effective as an impact sub if there stamina and natural fitness are 1, but they have other great attributes for pressing?
  3. What positions on the field are most important for pressing. For example, in a 442, who needs to have the best pressing attributes? 4231? 4141 DM Wide? 532? Etc. Does it matter what formation the opposition is playing as? DO NOT say that it depends on the roles, duties, how the formation works, etc. I would like examples so that I can determine which players are most important and why. Also, do some positions require some pressing attributes over others? Again, I would like scenarios. I know there is no one size fits all approach, but I would like examples so that I could apply it to other formations. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2020 at 23:09, Gbrexiton said:

My Questions:

1. What attributes/traits are best for pressing? What other attributes help? How do these attributes help with pressing? What do they do?

Simplest way is to looks at the Transition Press training block.  I cant remember what attribute are exactly in it.  Mouse over attribute to get a description of them. 

1. What is the difference between natural fitness and stamina? Can a player still be effective as an impact sub if there stamina and natural fitness are 1, but they have other great attributes for pressing?

Natural fitness affects how quickly condition can recover and how quickly a player becomes jaded/tired.  It also affects how quickly attribute drop when the player gets older and starts to decline.

Stamina affects how quickly condition drops, depending on what they do on the pitch of course.

Anything is possible, if they're happy with there game time and other attributes are good it could work, but if starter gets injured he cant really help.

1. What positions on the field are most important for pressing. For example, in a 442, who needs to have the best pressing attributes? 4231? 4141 DM Wide? 532? Etc. Does it matter what formation the opposition is playing as? DO NOT say that it depends on the roles, duties, how the formation works, etc. I would like examples so that I can determine which players are most important and why. Also, do some positions require some pressing attributes over others? Again, I would like scenarios. I know there is no one size fits all approach, but I would like examples so that I could apply it to other formations. 

Generally it's your midfield and forwards who press, your defence needs to be good at similar attributes though as they could have to defend space if opponent beats press.

Theres way too many ways of doing things to make you examples.  Plus you cant just take pieces and slot them into other tactics.