FM20 4-4-1-1 Theory-crafting

I've decided I'm tired of Wingers and want to "regress" (heh) to a different kind of defensive football with the 4-4-1-1 formation.  Thus, I'd like your input on some theory-crafting I'm doing.

When I think about defensive football, I think two banks of four.  Gives good coverage on the pitch and naturally can give 8 players behind the ball while still giving you an outlet on a counter if you win the ball back.  From the FM tactic builder, this sounds like Catenaccio to a-T.  I also want to play through the center for the most part.  Plenty of one-two passes, working our way into a scoring position.  I'm also using a Cautious mentality to help with defensive structure as well as not trying to over-extend and get caught out.

So here is my formation with roles and my explanation for why:

50297474458_97796f09c3_h.jpg

My back line is pretty straight-forward:  Two fullbacks in a supportive role (maybe defensive? - don't want to be too stagnant with lots of defensive roles) with my two Center Halves as CDs (maybe one as a BPD to get the ball to the DLP/B2B).  A nice, flat back four.

My midfield line is also pretty straight-forward:  Both left and right MFs as Wide Midfielders in a support role (both sides have Run Wide with Ball and Stay Wider).  I don't want them bombing forward to the goal line and leaving the defense exposed or cutting in and crowding the midfield, so I don't have them "Get Farther Forward" or "Cut In From Sideline".  Crossing isn't emphasized or de-emphasized, but I have them aim at the Center.

For the 2 CMs, one is a B2B to give me movement from defense to offense and is paired with a DLP(D) to play as deep creator/defensive cover.  I want my B2B to contribute to the attack and defense while using the DLP(D) as someone to pick out the players in the attack with unlocking passes and killer balls as well as recycling possession and helping break up counters and attacks.

My CAM is an AM(A) as I want him to move into channels and be a scoring threat more than a creative threat.  I want him to function almost as a second striker (I'm not sure if I want an AM(A) or a SS(A) as the SS sounds exactly like what I want).

My Striker is a TM(S).  The idea is that he can be the physical presence needed to hold up the ball as well as play on to balls over the top as the system is more of a direct pass system, something where once the ball is won back, we can play it to him and then use his strength to play the others in.