Starting a 4-4-2 tactic

Hello. I am starting a new save and want to play the 4-4-2 system. This is the tactic: 

image.thumb.png.85ee602284c8d21f886dd79da00ee742.png

As you see I am trying to keep it as simple as possible and give my players some freedom to decide.

Defense

-At the defense I have a BPD in order to move the ball forward and hopefully play the long ball to the right winger for a possible counter or opening. I dont know if having him on the right side along with the attacking winger is helping for this but we will see how it plays. 

-On the right side I play with a FB on support because I already have a Winger to attack from right, and also on the right side I have my CMs who sometimes is going forward too, so I want an FB to not go further up and cover that space.

-On the left side, I want my WBs to go further forward and do overlaps, since my IW will cut inside and generally he will stay narrower (I have this as PI on my IWs). My DLPs will stay back so I will have a player on emergency on that side to hopeful intercept a counter attack

Midfield

-On the left side I want my IWs to cut inside and either attempt a killer ball, play 1-2 with TM, shot long or play the ball to the overlapping WB

-My DLPs will hold position and play from the back

-CMs: I want him to be an all rounder work horse that will support both defensive and also attacking.

-My winger will stay wide, ready to receive a pass and try to create a good cross for my strikers. 

Attack

Nothing special here. I like the Target Man. I want a strong and tall player to hold the ball, provide aerial power and hopefully play one-two's with the other players to create opening. and the AF will be my "spearhead".

Other

This is how I ll start. I am considering to add offensive trap and see how my defenders are handling this instruction. Another instruction I am thinking is "pass into space" but for now I wanna keep it simple. Mentality will depend on the opponent and the score during the match.

I am not an expert in any way, I ve read some guides here and there. If you have any proposals or you think my logic is flawed, would be glad to alter my tactic and try your advices.

Edited by Ampalaea4

Roles and duties look okay to me (nothing glaringly wrong). I personally would prefer the TM on the left and AF on the right with the winger (MR) and IW (ML) having their duties swapped. 

You might find your out-of-possession TIs too aggressive - and hence risky - but that's something you can know only when you test the tactic. 

@Experienced Defender Thanks. The reason I have the IW on the left is that my wide players are all right foot and it fits them more. I have fast defenders for the league, but if I notice I get caught too often I will not push the lines higher. Maybe I will only add "prevent goalkeeper Distribution" to force him kick long and win back the ball easier.

15 minutes ago, Ampalaea4 said:

The reason I have the IW on the left is that my wide players are all right foot and it fits them more

I did not say that you should not play the IW on the left. I mentioned swapping his and winger's duties, not roles (and only in the context of swapping the 2 strikers' sides). Please read my comment again. 

17 minutes ago, Ampalaea4 said:

I have fast defenders for the league, but if I notice I get caught too often I will not push the lines higher

It's not just about pushing the lines higher. It's more about vertical compactness and pressing urgency. Keep in mind that you play on a high team mentality, which already encourages more aggressive pressing by default. 

18 minutes ago, Ampalaea4 said:

Maybe I will only add "prevent goalkeeper Distribution" to force him kick long and win back the ball easier

Definitely not a good idea in a 442. That instruction suits top-heavy formations such as 4231 or 424, which have at least 3 players up front (in ST and AM strata combined).