Can you "bind" referees to certain Leagues / Competitions ?

Jebedaias

Hello,

I've run into a slight issue with the Romanian leagues, as described here, so I'm asking if there's any other way to somehow "bind" certain referees to certain competitions ?

If I check their profile in the pre-game editor they all seem to be set just fine (i.e. top-rated ref set as referee for the top tier league), but the game randomly assigns them even for U19 matches. In some case, top-rated refs (good reputation, high abillty, set for top league) ONLY get U19 matches for an entire season. Can this be corrected via the editor somehow ?

When you look up a referee in the editor, in the official Data page you can set the competition for the ref. I am not sure if this completely fixes your issue, but depending on which referee you are referring to, it could be he has no competition set and the game uses him at every level.

15 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

When you look up a referee in the editor, in the official Data page you can set the competition for the ref. I am not sure if this completely fixes your issue, but depending on which referee you are referring to, it could be he has no competition set and the game uses him at every level.

They are already set correctly there, but seems the game still isn't properly assigning them. One work-around I want to try is to delete them completely from the database and re-create them from scratch.