Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rightmousebutton88

Creating a National Style Signing System

Recommended Posts

Hi Everybody,

I am wanting to create a transfer system similar to that of Athletic Bilbao but not as strict as just players of Basque origin (if that makes sense). Basically if a team in the UK and Ireland wants to sign any players they will have to be from the UK and Ireland, same as if a team in France wants to sign a player they will have to be a French national. This included secondary nationalities. Its an experiment to see if it will make the national teams stronger and I fancy the challenge of trying to get decent youngsters to their full potential. I have been trying to find a custom DB with this on already but as of yet not found one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you could do, is change all player rules in the competitions to set it to no foreign players allowed in any national competition. I don't see any other way to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought as much, I've tested it with England so far and it seems to have worked to a degree although teams are still buying foreign players they cannot play them in any comp as I've set the limit as 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting transfer preferences is an option, but only if you move the English players back as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's on Nation level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Iron Curtain mod, check the downloads, for instance the Republic of Ireland file and check the Nation transfer preferences. Romania is an example of a team that doesn't allow transfer to teams outside Romania. That is similar to what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/07/2020 at 21:23, Wolf_pd said:

In the Iron Curtain mod, check the downloads, for instance the Republic of Ireland file and check the Nation transfer preferences. Romania is an example of a team that doesn't allow transfer to teams outside Romania. That is similar to what you want.

Awesome thank you I did see your Iron Curtain mod, so I will take a look I have a week off to experiment with things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chivas and (at least in the old versions) Bermuda Hogges are hard-coded to be their own nation, aren't they? Wonder if there's a way to use Bermuda's ID and change the nationality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it is an option to change the teams nation and use it in a different competition. Quite a bit of work, but could be interesting.

Edit: Bermuda is an extinct team now, so I am not sure if that one still works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2020 at 01:54, Wolf_pd said:

Maybe it is an option to change the teams nation and use it in a different competition. Quite a bit of work, but could be interesting.

Edit: Bermuda is an extinct team now, so I am not sure if that one still works.

I think it was FM13 where I resurrected them from being extinct (in the editor) and then started a game and was surprised to see that transfer restriction in place.

Have been too lazy to do similar testing since (along with loading a Martiniquais/Guadeloupean team with superstars and seeing if they can win the French Cup and qualify for Europe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Have been too lazy to do similar testing since (along with loading a Martiniquais/Guadeloupean team with superstars and seeing if they can win the French Cup and qualify for Europe)

Cool idea :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...