Creating a National Style Signing System

Hi Everybody,

I am wanting to create a transfer system similar to that of Athletic Bilbao but not as strict as just players of Basque origin (if that makes sense). Basically if a team in the UK and Ireland wants to sign any players they will have to be from the UK and Ireland, same as if a team in France wants to sign a player they will have to be a French national. This included secondary nationalities. Its an experiment to see if it will make the national teams stronger and I fancy the challenge of trying to get decent youngsters to their full potential. I have been trying to find a custom DB with this on already but as of yet not found one. 

What you could do, is change all player rules in the competitions to set it to no foreign players allowed in any national competition. I don't see any other way to do it.

In the Iron Curtain mod, check the downloads, for instance the Republic of Ireland file and check the Nation transfer preferences. Romania is an example of a team that doesn't allow transfer to teams outside Romania. That is similar to what you want.

On 03/07/2020 at 21:23, Wolf_pd said:

In the Iron Curtain mod, check the downloads, for instance the Republic of Ireland file and check the Nation transfer preferences. Romania is an example of a team that doesn't allow transfer to teams outside Romania. That is similar to what you want.

Awesome thank you I did see your Iron Curtain mod, so I will take a look I have a week off to experiment with things.

Maybe it is an option to change the teams nation and use it in a different competition. Quite a bit of work, but could be interesting.

Edit: Bermuda is an extinct team now, so I am not sure if that one still works.

On 07/07/2020 at 01:54, Wolf_pd said:

Maybe it is an option to change the teams nation and use it in a different competition. Quite a bit of work, but could be interesting.

Edit: Bermuda is an extinct team now, so I am not sure if that one still works.

I think it was FM13 where I resurrected them from being extinct (in the editor) and then started a game and was surprised to see that transfer restriction in place.

Have been too lazy to do similar testing since (along with loading a Martiniquais/Guadeloupean team with superstars and seeing if they can win the French Cup and qualify for Europe)

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Have been too lazy to do similar testing since (along with loading a Martiniquais/Guadeloupean team with superstars and seeing if they can win the French Cup and qualify for Europe)

Cool idea :)

• 2 weeks later...