Agent interaction

tmpusr

Currently, we can only passively interact with agents: we negotiate contracts and that's it. It would be nice to have more interaction with them. For instance, assuming I'm managing a top club and one of my players has a regional scope agent, it makes sense to be able to "threaten" him to stop, otherwise I will avoid signing his players in the future. Same thing when he's "drumming up" late interest on a transfer after we've agreed on a deal. Of course it would be up to them to decide whether they would stop or not.

I would like to add to this that it would be cool if we could discuss agents publicly, perhaps in the media. An example would be when they immediately walk away from negotiations after a silly opening demand was not met, with their player then becoming unsettled.  In one instance I tried to sign a French CB whose agent demanded like £7m signing on fee for the player and £1m for the agent. He walked away at the first hurdle with me having offered about half that.  In another instance I was offering Sean Longstaff a new contract after he became unsettled, the agents initial demands were that he be a first team player 2 seasons from now, which I tried to negotiate and he again walked away instantly. Longstaff then became unsettled that I apparently had broken the new contract promise, when actually, it was his agent that walked away before we even got started. 

In both these instances it would be fun to be able to say something to the media along the lines of "We tried to offer him a new contract but unfortunately his agent is not capable of negotiating" or something like that, whereby one possible consequence would be the player sacking him (and another being that agent refusing to do business with you in future!)

• 2 weeks later...

This is needed. Right now agents are just nuisance and doesn't add anything remotely good to the game. Realistic? The lack of realistic solutions to the problems this feature is causing makes it unrealistic instead.

The game punishes you for not following their every whims but the only solutions to it are either to make them love you enough by signing their players even if you don't need those players or ask players to sack the agent in a single interaction that comes rather randomly and usually too late.

• 1 month later...