Croatian Citizenship question

This is about a player gaining Croatian citizenship and becoming an EU citizen. I’ve read some posts saying it takes 2 years and others say 3. I have a Croatian feeder club and wanted to know how long they would need to play there. 

However it’s not to gain a Work Permit but as I’m Croatian National Manager I’m hoping to get them to play for me. The reason is I’ve got some quite decent young players who are doubtful to get called up by their own Nation before say 22/23 and I’m hoping I can call them up for Croatia once they gain citizenship. My current squad is old and the youngsters coming through aren’t that good. Is it possible? Thanks

1 hour ago, DanscoFM said:

This is about a player gaining Croatian citizenship and becoming an EU citizen. I’ve read some posts saying it takes 2 years and others say 3. I have a Croatian feeder club and wanted to know how long they would need to play there. 

However it’s not to gain a Work Permit but as I’m Croatian National Manager I’m hoping to get them to play for me. The reason is I’ve got some quite decent young players who are doubtful to get called up by their own Nation before say 22/23 and I’m hoping I can call them up for Croatia once they gain citizenship. My current squad is old and the youngsters coming through aren’t that good. Is it possible? Thanks

When you send a player on loan, go to the nationalities tab on his profile and you'll be able to see the number of days it would require him to claim citizenship.

It's possible but it's based on luck too. If they are from a weaker nation, there's a chance they get called up before they become eligible for Croatia. If they're from a stronger nation, they'd probably wait to try and play for their country rather than switch allegiance.

I'm playing Touch not full FM so don't think this info is on my version. But thanks for the reply. 

Played my first two games as manager and won them. But o have one LB and one RW. And the average age is like 31. One Wonderkid in the whole nation. 

2 hours ago, DanscoFM said:

I'm playing Touch not full FM so don't think this info is on my version. But thanks for the reply. 

Played my first two games as manager and won them. But o have one LB and one RW. And the average age is like 31. One Wonderkid in the whole nation. 

Apologies, I simultaneously play both versions and you are correct, this information doesn't appear on Touch. It's definitely in the background though as people gain nationalities in the game.

Edited by rafaelbenitez