Good tactic for team of teenagers?

Here's the setup. I'm managing a team at the moment and I don't want to rely on the transfer market. I want to instead look to my youth teams and bring players into the first team squad. I plan on playing many youngsters in the first team as I can. I am not sure what the best formation or style of football would work best. Looking at the attributes from players in my youth squad, their physical attributes aren't that great but they have decent technical attributes.

I am thinking some kind of possession-based tactic where I play manly in the centre areas of the pitch.

Perhaps a 4-2-3-1 narrow. I am not sure.

Any ideas?

51 minutes ago, subtotalcurve said:

Looking at the attributes from players in my youth squad, their physical attributes aren't that great but they have decent technical attributes.

I am thinking some kind of possession-based tactic where I play manly in the centre areas of the pitch.

Perhaps a 4-2-3-1 narrow

If you are not knowledgeable enough tactically, the 4141dm wide (a.k.a. 4123 wide) is probably the safest choice of formation for you to experiment with. 4231s are too tricky and require special type of players in the midfield, so I would suggest you avoid any of them for now.

And try to keep the tactic as simple as possible. Create a logical and well-balanced setup of roles and duties and use as few instructions as possible (i.e. use only those that more clearly define the style of play you want to implement). Once you get comfortable enough with tactical creation, you can try something a bit more complex.