SWITCHING FORMATIONS - with/without ball

shwanko

I know SI is resisting this .. but SI need to catch up with evolving football tactic wise 

we need to have 2 formation .. one when losing the ball and having to defend 

and one when have the ball 

let us look to what Arteta is doing now in Arsenal copying PEP style:

when defend without ball fullbacks in position with DMs in central position , but when attack xhaka go back at left side to create 3 CBs line allowing left back to play as a winger 

in current FM you can try to go around it but is not the same 

same for Klopp changing from 433 to 4132 when pressing trying to win ball back 

in modern football, teams can look 343 when attacking and 4231 when defending .. FM need to catch up not patch it up 

as a manger I play 30 min every match watching extending highlights, my biggest unrealistic thing in tactic is when I try to attack I love to do it facing on opposite team weakness, like if they are light at wings .. when attack I want to spread and position my players where they can hurt allowing for example my 2DMs to move to full back positions allowing my wings backs to push forward , but when losing ball I ask my DMS to be back as DMs as opponent have 2 AMs and more central .. this is just an example of many ....

Therefore we must have 2 formations, yes we can use one formation for both with many casual manager can do, but for hardcore managers like me, who spend lots of time analysing strength and weakness of opposite team  I suddenly don't find the tools that current manager have IRL. 

I used to play Player Manager by Dino Dini back at early 2000s (formation tool attached below), the tactic tools was awesome where you can position each player in 12 sectors of pitch one when having ball and one when losing it .. it made me able sometimes if other team have super dangerous player like Hazzard to shift another player or 2 to make his side crowded and still balance my formation by spreading players accordingly.   Ok may be that is stretching to ask SI to do as will be complicated for some, but at least give us ability to switch formations when attacking and when losing ball and have to defend..  remember the game bellow is 20 years old .. I expect FM to be even deeper .. current tactic is good but offer only 50% of tools I need compared to what other managers are having

751-7-player-manager.jpg

the ball above is for example in square no.11 where opposite team are attacking, so you choose how formation will line up when ball is in that area

Edited by shwanko

• 4 months later...