CM03/04

BarrsFFC

Probably shouldn't post the CM series on here but it's the only place i'll get help.

Regarding the editor, I have unchecked the boxes loaded up the editor, i edit players, create players etc etc. I save the file.

When i load up a new game nothing works, its using the original database.

Does anyone know how to activate your edit file so it's used as a new game?

Cheers.

On 13/01/2020 at 14:28, BarrsFFC said:

Probably shouldn't post the CM series on here but it's the only place i'll get help.

Regarding the editor, I have unchecked the boxes loaded up the editor, i edit players, create players etc etc. I save the file.

When i load up a new game nothing works, its using the original database.

Does anyone know how to activate your edit file so it's used as a new game?

Cheers.

I can't find my disc currently so am unable to give 'hands-on' help with this issue currently for you sorry.

However, I remember using Michael Nygreen's amazing 'CM4 Pregame Editor' (it works for CM 03/04 too) back in the day (and more recently :)), which is similiar to the official editor and in a few ways actually improves upon it.  If you can track it down online, using that may solve your issue with any luck? :)

• 1 month later...
On 17/01/2020 at 22:25, MorrisseyMuse said:

I can't find my disc currently so am unable to give 'hands-on' help with this issue currently for you sorry.

However, I remember using Michael Nygreen's amazing 'CM4 Pregame Editor' (it works for CM 03/04 too) back in the day (and more recently :)), which is similiar to the official editor and in a few ways actually improves upon it.  If you can track it down online, using that may solve your issue with any luck? :)

thanks just seen this, thanks for the reply. it's fine now i've sorted it now :)

9 hours ago, BarrsFFC said:

thanks just seen this, thanks for the reply. it's fine now i've sorted it now :)

No worries, glad ya got it sorted :) I've been looking at CM 03/04 myself recently and come across this too, how did you fix it?

The game I presume loads the data in the game's folder in C drive, but when I copy edited files into that folder, it seems to load the initial data somehow?! :)

Edit: On further tinkering, I've managed to fix the editor issue. CM03/04 was such an amazing game! if only the match engine wasn't so blinkin' slow..! lol

Edited by MorrisseyMuse
Editor issue fixed! :)

• 1 year later...
I've been using CM 4 PreGame Editor for updating the old CM 03/04 according to FM data. I've been editing for a year, and now the game closes suddently with no error message. I can create a new game and I "go on holiday", but after few minutes the game closes. I've edited 8 national leagues, with avarage 40 player in each squad. I've used CA, PA and habilities of FM, I've done player's history also. Have I overloaded the game? Can I fix that? If anyone know about the issue please help me, I'll be very glad.

• 2 years later...
On 10/03/2020 at 07:44, MorrisseyMuse said:

No worries, glad ya got it sorted :) I've been looking at CM 03/04 myself recently and come across this too, how did you fix it?

The game I presume loads the data in the game's folder in C drive, but when I copy edited files into that folder, it seems to load the initial data somehow?! :)

Edit: On further tinkering, I've managed to fix the editor issue. CM03/04 was such an amazing game! if only the match engine wasn't so blinkin' slow..! lol

how did u do it? i have the same problem. already edited but it doesnt change anything when i played