About "partnerships/player linkings/players' chemistry"

Or whatever you call them, I'm not sure what's the exact word for that, so:

1228871494_fulltactic.png.c3f7cbd601450cb4aab69a12f69e1a20.thumb.png.6d6dc1262e5bfbeb58e542e697579e2a.png

these green lines linking players who happen to share the same portion of the pitch (image taken from another thread).

Playing both FM19 and FM20, I still haven't got how these graphic representations of a functional partnership between 2-3 players work.

I had players who required just 10 matches to link to their teammates, some required about a season. Despite the tactic, I know these info are stored somewhere and show as links even with different formations, so there's sort of an alchemy which is recorded and associated to these players.

Now, I happen to be managing in an online career on FM19 where most of my footballers played together the first season (roughly 50 matches) + 6 preseason friendlies + another 10 matches with a manager, and then I came in as the new manager.

I'm now at november of the second season, and I can't see any of those lines. I find it quite strange, even more if I consider that 2 of my CB played enough match together and are National Team mates. I would expect them to show that green link.

So, the main questions are:
- how long does it take to develop this sort of a partnership?
- how are those partnerships developed?
- how can a human encourage or speed up the development of these partnerships?
- does changing manager delete previously developed partnerships?

Edited by SpGR

1) There is no predicting how long it takes to develop them, really depends on the players. Its rather random but some things help such how close their personalities are helps (which is why it is always good to have a team of similar professionalism and determination. 

2) They simply develop by playing the same players together, on the same "lines" (to use ice hockey language). Not all roles can form partnerships however, for example a central striker and winger cannot form any.

3) To encourage them, read my first point I guess

4) No. In fact a new feature in FM20 is that partnerships stay across teams and managers. Buy two partner players from a team and they will still retain their partnership in your tactic.

12 ore fa, crusadertsar ha scritto:

1) There is no predicting how long it takes to develop them, really depends on the players. Its rather random but some things help such how close their personalities are helps (which is why it is always good to have a team of similar professionalism and determination. 

4) No. In fact a new feature in FM20 is that partnerships stay across teams and managers. Buy two partner players from a team and they will still retain their partnership in your tactic.

1) They have the same exact personalities, so that shouldn't be a problem.

2) Ok, that's what I knew. I would have guessed there's something else which somehow relates to this, but that's fine.

4) So - if I get it right - since it's a new feature in FM20, in FM19 acquired partnerships are not retained if I as a new manager take over the team. That would explain a bit of things.