Background assistance required!!

Lagarr

Can anyone please help?

I have moved a file of stadiums I used on FM08 to FM09 but can't get them to work. I must be doing something wrong as I know other have got theres working.

I have put the file in my documents/sportsinteractive/FM09/data/graphics (created a file called backgrounds and put them in there,but no joy)

Thanks in advance.

Your files should not go into the data folder..

put them in here: documents/sports interactive/FM09/graphics/pictures

Then go to peference screen and display and sound..

Tick always load skin on confirm

untick use skin cache

tick show background

and hit confirm and see if your graphics load up..

ive downloaded russian prem league stadium backgrounds. every time a go on to a clubs mainscreen it shows the stadium in the background BRILL. but when i go to my own club team or any other team for that matter it still shows the cska stadium backround stadium on every other screen ive tried putting it in my documents sports interactive folder etc, and in the steam fm2009 folder etc

if any one can help that would be great

Hi All, how do you get the baground screen to revert back to the "normal" screen after you have played a game. ie. when i play at Anfield the background i have for Anfield stays up on the screen for the next week until I play somewhere else.

Where have you installed your graphics? you graphics should revert back to club pictures, or defult pictures after the game has finished.

ive downloaded russian prem league stadium backgrounds. every time a go on to a clubs mainscreen it shows the stadium in the background BRILL. but when i go to my own club team or any other team for that matter it still shows the cska stadium backround stadium on every other screen ive tried putting it in my documents sports interactive folder etc, and in the steam fm2009 folder etc

if any one can help that would be great

Where did you download it from? maybe they have set this as a defullt picture which is why its sticking to that...

Open up your graphics folder and check the config.xml...

What other graphics have you got installed? do you have competetion background? club background? or just the stadium backgrounds?

I am trying to figure this problem out.. but cant really think of anything.. everything is working fine for me.. and my screens switch around witjout any problems..

Edit: yes you have installed them in the correct place.. cant think of a reason why its not picking them up..

You have done everything the the peference screen also?

untick use skin cache

tick show background

What other graphics have you got installed? do you have competetion background? club background? or just the stadium backgrounds?

I am trying to figure this problem out.. but cant really think of anything.. everything is working fine for me.. and my screens switch around witjout any problems..

thanks! I had a Liverpool background that was not coming up so I've deleted it - I'm about to load up and see if that works!

thanks! I had a Liverpool background that was not coming up so I've deleted it - I'm about to load up and see if that works!

still have the problem - checked all your recommendations and everything is good. Heard something about a FM Graphics Configurator? Know anything about that?

i am running out of ideas.. ok go into backgrounds and stadium pictures and right click the config.xml copy and paste in here please..

- <record>

- <!-- resource manager options

-->

- <!-- dont preload or cache anything in this folder

-->

<boolean id="preload" value="false" />

<boolean id="cache" value="false" />

- <!-- turn on auto mapping

-->

<boolean id="amap" value="true" />

- <list id="maps">

- <!-- Premiership teams

-->

<record from="arsenal" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5114336/background" />

<record from="aston villa" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/603/background" />

<record from="birmingham" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/609/background" />

<record from="blackburn" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/612/background" />

<record from="bolton" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/614/background" />

<record from="chelsea" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/630/background" />

<record from="derby" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/107145/background" />

<record from="everton" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/650/background" />

<record from="fulham" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/654/background" />

<record from="liverpool" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/676/background" />

<record from="man city" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5114325/background" />

<record from="man utd" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/680/background" />

<record from="middlesbrough" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/685/background" />

<record from="newcastle" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/688/background" />

<record from="portsmouth" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/699/background" />

<record from="sunderland" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/722/background" />

<record from="tottenham" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/728/background" />

<record from="west ham" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/735/background" />

<record from="reading" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/4800054/background" />

<record from="wigan" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/737/background" />

<record from="wembley" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/102969/background" />

</list>

</record>

no luck! changed it but now not even the first stadium (Anfield ) is coming up

Now your config file is correct... so the game should be showing the pictures..

Do you have show backgrouns turned on in peferences? (most likely yes)

Where did you download the pack from?

Wow - I think I got it! I downloaded a new configs file (can't remember where from though, it was last night) - so I replaced the config file and it's working! When I click on a team it goes to their photo!! Thing is the config file looks identical!

Thanks for your patience and help Abs UK - you got me nearly there, luck got me the rest of the way!

If I remember where I got the configs file I'll post it for anyone else having the problem.

Ive been having this same problem with stadium pack. i want the stadiums to show only when the game is on not when im back at the news screen etc.

I was using a pack for 08 and worked perfect. now for 09 it doesnt seem to work.

you have put all the folders in the correct location right?

also in game peference screen you should do the following:

untick use skin cache

tick show background

(this is all i did and all the graphics are working fine. actually they look better then FM08 for some reason.)

you have put all the folders in the correct location right?

also in game peference screen you should do the following:

untick use skin cache

tick show background

(this is all i did and all the graphics are working fine. actually they look better then FM08 for some reason.)

yes everything is in the graphics folder in fm09 folder and this is all ticked and unticked. pictures work in the background but never come back to default pic on news/inbox/squad screens....why??????

These worked on 08 and all ive done is copy them over to 09

So the pictures are working fine but when you go into the new/inbox/squad screens it does not revert back to the default screen?

one of the reason for this maybe that you dont have any graphics for these screen so there is nothing telling the game to pull a picture put for you..

hey abs just finished work another night trying to get these stadiums and player backgrounds to work.

heres the link to the backgrounds see what u think cheers mate

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/2008/graphics/downloads/5352/Holland%20Player%20Backgrounds%20Megapack

I have just tested your pictures..

The pictures you have downloaded are not

1) club background pictures

2) stadium pictures

These are player background pictures and will only show when you are on a players profile..

E.G: 2jankromkamppn6.png

then when you exit his profile it will revert back to default screen.. (normally default pic in your skin folder)

If you want club backgrounds and stadium backgrounds you would need to download the specific files...

Hope this helps

sorry abs i dint explain props i no there player profile pics, when i go back to main sqaud page it still shows the players pic in the background

and thats the same with stadiums as well. what annoys me the most is ive never had a problem till this one grrrrrrr.

mmm interesting i have tried it with mine.. and it switches over to the default pic without any issues..

can you please tell me whats inside this folder:

documents/sports interactive/football manager 2009/skins/the skin you are using/graphics/background

Its fm09 all I did with fm08 was put them in the(user) folder never had a problem it's got to do with my default pic not going back or something on them lines ??

My problem is exactley the same as yours decouk. Worked fine on 08 but wont work on 09. i have default pix in the backgrounds folder and also in the skins folder. sooo frustrating.

hopefully you will find a solution to this abs.

hi guys..

Sorry iam having some internet issues for some reaqson today... :(

can you please tell me

1) what skin you are using

2) what graphics you have installed A) club background, stadium background, competition background

so what i am going to do is install the same skin and the same graphics and try to recreate this on my game.. that way i might be able to find the solution.. (if that makes sense)

Its fm09 all I did with fm08 was put them in the(user) folder never had a problem it's got to do with my default pic not going back or something on them lines ??
hi guys..

Sorry iam having some internet issues for some reaqson today... :(

can you please tell me

1) what skin you are using

2) what graphics you have installed A) club background, stadium background, competition background

so what i am going to do is install the same skin and the same graphics and try to recreate this on my game.. that way i might be able to find the solution.. (if that makes sense)

ok,

1) Im using the flex skin.

2) beefsters stadium pack and a competition background pack from fmformation.net.

Sorry i am totally stuck now :( i cant seem to work out the problem.. because everything works on mine correctly..

I will now upload my entire config files in folders i have saved them...

take a look at mine and see if they are simmilar to yours and also what you can do is keep backup copies of your config files (or you can just rename your config file by adding 1 at the end) and then add my ones to your game (Providing the file names of your match the ones in the config file, if not just ammend the config file) and reload the game and see if it works..

Archived