Youth nurturing - 2019 - database generation for less leagues and youth mentoring

godzilu

Hey guys

This is a general suggestion, because I have no idea how youth nurturing works in FM 2020, but, I know what's definitely wrong in 2019. 

The biggest part of my FM games is building teams on the long term. It's one of the many possible playstyles, and it is definitely an important one.

Issue.1
In FM 2019, with the requirements for building a player personality, if you play a game with only several leagues loaded ( I have a very good computer, but I don't load all leagues ), you will have less Perfectionists, Model Citizens, Professionals, etc. players that you can buy/transfer for free to create a decent team of influence for the young generation. 

Solution.1
There should be some automatic way that improves the game adult player loading and also the generation of youth intakes when you load only a few leagues, because else building teams for the future is radically different than when playing with all leagues loaded, which I doubt many people are able to do. I am not aware of FM 2020 mechanics so I can't really suggest any fix for this, but shouldn't be difficult.

Issue.2
I understand that the previous tutoring model was too easy, although I really doubt too many people knew how to use it. But the 2019 model is exactly the opposite, and not necessarily natural. For example it's very debatable how young players can be affected by other young players of similar age in the youth team so radically to change their determination and mentality in brutal ways, while the same players moved to the first team and tutored by two team leaders with high determination and great personalities barely touch him during the same period of the time. 

The way it works now, if you have an young intake who is let's say perfectionist, with 20 in determination, professionalism and ambition, his personality will get destroyed by the influence of the other young players already in the team. Moving him to the first team again will get him destroyed.

Solution.2
Again, I have no idea how 2020 works in this regard, but randomness is a thing that will destroy playing the game and trying to build teams from scratch on the long term.

a. One solution would be marginal influence, if not zero influence from players of similar ages, or, if you want to keep this, a much bigger influence from established players. Ronaldo will be Ronaldo at any team. And any other 27+ years old established player.
b. Second, not sure if I am right about this, but it seems that mentoring groups are less influencing than the overall team mental abilities, especially the leaders' ones. If I am right, than this should change to the opposite, where mentoring groups should have a much bigger influence on individuals in the groups, again, depending on age.
c. Also, the most important part of this should be the age and status. The number of games a player had for the team should have much less influence, I'd even go to zero influence on mentoring. Again, Ronaldo will be Ronaldo wherever he goes, even if he gets to mentor someone whom is 20 years old and already has 50 games for the team Ronaldo goes to.

Thank you

Edited by godzilu

• 9 months later...