Nintendo switch questions

Hi,

Just a few questions regarding the Nintendo switch version

Is there a physical edition or is it digital only ? (I have done some research but unable to find anything so I'm assuming it's digital only which is a shame)

In terms of the leagues you can set up is it similar to football manager mobile ?

For example

Premier to league 2

Seria A and B

La liga 1 and 2

Bundesliga 1 and 2 

Could I have that league set up above ? 

And if so, is the speed of the game ok ? Even if after 20 season or so ?

I don't own a switch just yet, but seriously thinking about buying one for football manager, so would appreciate it if someone can answer my questions please

Many thanks

Hi, I don't know the answer to the physical/digital question. 

You're only able to set up 3 leagues max, but the English leagues go down as far as the Vanarama north/south.

The speed of the game is fine, I've not managed to make it up to 20 seasons but I've read that there's no obvious slowdown, but I'll happily be corrected on this.

The only negatives about the Switch version is that you're unable to edit the real competition names in and add logos, otherwise it's great to have it instantly load when you need that itch scratched.

Thanks for the reply and information rich10

When you say 3 leagues max - do you mean 3 nation's such as the whole English leagues, then say the Italian and Spanish leagues ?

And that's great about the speed of the game, and that's fine about not having logos etc I don't mind about that, kinda use to the default football manager games now 

From championship manager 01/02 to football manager 2012 then in 2015 I think I started to buy football manager mobile which is fantastic and I will continue to buy that and support the devs as it's exceptional. And I have always left everything as is.

But would really like the switch version too, and on the basis of what you said, definitely going to get it regardless, just would prefer a physical edition if possible as not really a fan of buy digital from Nintendo.

Edited by ZBOX

Sorry that was misleading, I mean 3 nations max.

I've had a dig around on the web and it does appear to be digital only for now.

Personally, I find it strikes a nice balance between full fat and the mobile versions of the game.

A few other things to note would be that:

1. The game saves before every match, which can slow proceedings down a tad.

2. There's no cross-save available on Switch.

But neither put me off, and I've no regrets buying it.

Thanks again rich10 for the information.

And yes that was what I was thinking, the switch version is a nice balance between full and mobile fm, I will still buy fm mobile this year, but definitely going to get the switch version too, it looks brilliant from what I have seen on YouTube etc.

Out of interest though, predominantly while I like the mobile fm version is the speed of it, even with all leagues running and 20,+ seasons in the game runs fast even on older phone devices, so when you say fm on the switch saves game before match and it slows it down a touch -

Do you know why that is and is it possible to disable that save feature?

As of course I'm not expecting super fast game loading speeds equally though would be disappointing if the load times saving before match etc started to become long.

You cannot disable this auto game saving feature, and as I recall @Lucas explaining a while back it's something to do with Switch architecture(?).

And I can't say for sure if this slows down significantly once you're 20 seasons in.

Ok thanks for the information again, much appreciated

So got a Nintendo switch today and just going to go with getting football manager for it, 

I was kinda hoping fm 2019 would of been cheaper than £29.99 at this point especially since fm 2020 out soon ?

• Administrators
On 09/09/2019 at 19:47, ZBOX said:

I was kinda hoping fm 2019 would of been cheaper than £29.99 at this point especially since fm 2020 out soon ?

The store selling the game sets the prices.