[FM17] Players are not declared for Nation after they play for their international team

Ferney

Hey,

I might have encountered a bug and I am looking for a way to fix this with the editor.

You probably know: there are some nations in the database that players can't be declared for. Martinique is an example for that. And the reason behind it is that they aren't a member of the FIFA and will not be able to compete in a World Cup (and qualifier) and therefore their players can still be capped by France. Even if they played games for Martinique.

However I found that the game treats Comoros the same way and I think this is wrong. All Newgen players from Comoros  are still elegtible for france even when they've played for Comoros. The game also shows french as first nationality, there is no player with comorian as first nationality (only the real players that are already in the database but not newgens). And I think it is wrong because Comoros competes in the World Cup-competition, the Africa Cup (and so on) and therefore is an full member of the FIFA. So people should be declared for Comoros if they pick up a game in an offical competition.

Is there a way to edit that?

Edited by Ferney

• 2 months later...

I think that would be in game editor territory. It sounds like a drag though to update after every year (I am the kind of guy who would do that though).

But I am not sure you can set declared for nation, you might be able to switch the countries.

The Comoros should be exactly as you say, if you have FM20, could you check there please and raise a bug?