Does staff aptitude improve over time? 

Does staff aptitude improve over time? 

I have offered a couple of retiring players roles on the club staff but they have come through with 'poor' and 'normal' aptitudes. 

Ideally I'd like to keep them on as they have been with my club for ages but I can find better in the staff search. 

Does this aptitude value improve over time or will this be the case forever?

Also how long does it take to see a change? Months? Seasons? Decades? 

Thanks 

• SI Staff

No aptitude doesn't change - HOWEVER all the aptitude indicates is their likelihood of improving through training, so how important it is depends entirely on your club and current level, if you're in the Conference South then chances are you'll just be happy to have any member of staff, in the Premiership I'd suggest using only Normal or above aptitudes ... but its your call (in terms of 'effect' the badge is all that matters).

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Ah OK, thanks. So it has an impact on their ability to improve players? Presumably scouts and physios are the same? 

Aptitude affects their ability to learn themselves (ie. the likelihood of them getting the next badge up) ... the badge affects them coaching players, their actual style/area affects who they are likely to coach and how much.

Archived