Is it possible to just use the Tactics Induction suggestion?

I started a new game with Man United and the tactics induction screen led me to picking a Fluid Counter Attack option which in turn suggested a 41221, with a DM, two MCs and a AMR/L. 

The AMR/L were both on Support and the striker was on Attack. Normally, if it was me, I'd probably have the attacker on support to create the space. 

So, my question - is it possible to just use the suggestions the game gives me, with zero other tweaks and have success? 

Or is it required that I make some amendments myself? 

Short answer, No. Long answer is a bit more complicated but basically no and why would you even want to do that?

Sure you can just load up the induction template and have your assistant auto pick the players for the roles. Chances are that for a team like Man United you will still win more games than lose even if the roles are not handpicked perfectly for the players you have. You will lose out on efficiency, meaning that for close games against top 5 teams or against super defensive parked buses your tactic will probably not be ideal because template is always the same and does not take your players, opposition or even your team's strengths into account. That's the reason why plug and play style works better with top teams but not the midtable ones. 

Ideally what you should be doing is examining every single player on your team to get an idea of your squads strengths and what tactical style best suits them. Do you actually have pacey attackers and good technical passers in midfield to suit fluid counterattack? Man United is actually rich in both. So you will probably be fine.

But then the induction might suggest inside forward and winger for the attackers and then you have no choice but to play Lukaku as one of those and he will not be totally effective in that role. While when you look at his attributes you might see that he might make for an amazing wide targetman (just example not necessarily what you should do) which when combined with good deeplying playmaker sending long passes to him will make for deadly counterattacks. 

So hopefully you get the point. Why blindly play like AI does when you can analyse the individual players and tweak the roles that will work best? The induction templates are just that, general guides and not created with a specific team in mind

Archived