Player Personality vs Squad Personality (Mentoring)

Im managing Arsenal and found both Cap(Koscielny)n Vice Cap(Cech) has an amazing personality. Koscielny has Model Citizen and Cech has Model Professional. 

The question is about mentoring, as im building the future with new talents (De Ligt,Tymon,Sancho etc),

should i mentor these potential Star player with Koscielny(Model Citizen)? which means these player would gain best personality 

or

Should i build a great squad personality (Professional) with tutor them with Cech(Model Professional)?

While some people may think why dont just use both to mentor, these question refering to future star as they will be here for long time potentially future leaders and in turn future mentors. Arsenal has good amount of professionals in squad so creating Professional squad personality is so tempting but Team Leader Model Citizen is super rare...

Hope you guys can give  inputs. Thanks

On 02/05/2019 at 07:43, reozeno said:

Im managing Arsenal and found both Cap(Koscielny)n Vice Cap(Cech) has an amazing personality. Koscielny has Model Citizen and Cech has Model Professional. 

The question is about mentoring, as im building the future with new talents (De Ligt,Tymon,Sancho etc),

should i mentor these potential Star player with Koscielny(Model Citizen)? which means these player would gain best personality 

or

Should i build a great squad personality (Professional) with tutor them with Cech(Model Professional)?

While some people may think why dont just use both to mentor, these question refering to future star as they will be here for long time potentially future leaders and in turn future mentors. Arsenal has good amount of professionals in squad so creating Professional squad personality is so tempting but Team Leader Model Citizen is super rare...

Hope you guys can give  inputs. Thanks

Read the article Hovis has posted, it is really good.

The way I do mentoring is to split my 3 team leaders who have significant impact in mentoring and then add 2-3 players to each and I do this based on position largely. I promote 1-2 hot prospects who are getting close to the first team but make them available for the relevant youth team still then add them to a mentoring group. Especially where the impact of mentoring is "light" they are the ones who will benefit the most but I have seen average impact players get some positive gains in determination.

As long as your team leaders have strong personalities and determination and you recruit well, over time your squad personality will develop how you want it. There are no quick fixes anymore which is more realistic.

Archived