Pre season player availability

Hi,

Only just started on FM19 today having given it a break for a while. Something i really should know by now as i have the issue before but never to this extent, how do i prioritise player availability for the first team without moving a youth player up to the senior squad?

Example being i started a liverpool career & was whizzing through a bit quick keen to get stuck in. 1st pre-season game comes up & a number of the squad are still on holiday after the world cup, i can just about muster 11 outfield players together but no GK. I hadn't noticed that both the u23's & u18's both have a game that day too & I'm unable to call on any of them. 

I got given a couple of regen keepers & outfield players to put on the bench but not enough for a full squad & so I'm left in the situation of being forced to keep people on for 90 in the 1st pre season game which would be a bit daft.

Anyway I'm sure that's probably avoidable but can you tell me how?

Thanks

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

If you allow the AM to run the preseason friendlies, the squad will be populated by him and grey players if required.

Thanks for the reply however I'd quite like to manage the friendly myself to see how the tactic works. Basically i just want to make sure i have the u23's available? Is there an easy way to do this? Or do i just need to be a bit more switched on & watch for fixture clashes & cancel the u23 friendly? 

You would need to take control of all the squads for those matches, then move players up to the main squad as required, before the games.  You may end up with not enough players in the U18s if you need to them to fill the U23s but that is preferable under the circumstances

Archived