[Suggestion] Change Circle to display both Familiarity/Suitability

scratchmonkey

Currently the circle that displays when you place a player in a position/role is an indicator of familiarity, i.e. how comfortable the player is in that position/role based on previous training/experience. While this is helpful; I believe that it's misleading, especially to players unused to the inner workings of the FM engine, because it indicates "this player will be absolutely useless if you play them there" whereas it's actually entirely possible for that player to put in good performances if they're being asked to do something that that plays into the strengths of their attributes/PPMs.

My suggestion here is to split the circle so that the left half would indicate familiarity (i.e. exactly what it does now) and the right half would indicate suitability, which would be a similar filled-space/color scale based on comparing that player's attributes to the attributes that are deemed key for that position/role, thus giving an idea of "oh, okay, he's never played as a striker before; however, he has all the attributes to be at least a decent striker". This would enable players to better identify players who could play a role in a pinch or better indicate what players should be chosen for retraining into which roles (in the case of the latter, it would be even more helpful if your assistant's assessment of the player's flexibility was also taken into account).

Archived