Create a Club - Second Team games

Not sure if this is a bug or not, hoping somebody can help.

I have created a club, in the Bundesliga.  Redone Schalke.  After creating the club, my second team now has no fixtures at all for this season.  Is that normal for Bundesliga sides, or is something weird going on?  Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi @thesandman,

This is to be expected, however looking into this further I believe this is an issue.

There seems to be some confusion between reserve squads, U19 squads and second teams in FMT

in full FM certain Bundesliga squads such as Bayern & Schalke have second teams as well as U19 squads, U19 squads take part in a U19 division and play fixtures, however U19 squads aren't present in FMT. 

If you then look at a club like Leipzig & Werder Bremen they have a reserve squad who do play reserve team fixtures, but no U19 / second team.

In FMT it seems like the U19 players are present in the second teams, however as they don't play fixtures this can cause issues with development. 

So to summarise, technically its correct that your second team aren't playing fixtures, however its something we'll continue to investigate in house and it is certainly something we'll look to resolve with future releases

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Declan

Archived