Competition selecting totally random number of teams

samba23

I've just started working on the nation rules for a league structure that I created in FM18 but needed rebuilding from scratch in FM19.

I've done all that I can in the basic rules and verified it as working. However, once I've changed it to advanced rules I immediately get the error message when testing "season update day should be between 2nd July and 15th August". I previously had the season update day as 1st July so changed this to 2nd July on the "nation" tab and every competition tab but this did not fix the error.

I tried changing the "base year for dates" and "year" to 2018 for every competition. Doing this makes the error change to "should be between 4th July and 17th August". I have also tried changing the "mode (debug version)" to "overrides rules in code" for every competition as this was defaulted to "fixed format rules".

I can't see any other setting that needs changing that could be causing this error, and as far as I can see the nation rules that I have edited so far are exactly the same as they were in my FM18 league structure. 

I'm at a complete loss for what else I can do to fix this, does anyone have any experience of this issue?

So I've fixed the original problem just by going back to basic rules and changing the season update date to 4th July and going back to advanced rules. Strangely this fix did not work if I changed the date to the 2nd or 3rd of July - this editor is a fickle beast...

And now I have another problem, I'm having a real bad day with this.

I have a group/league competition which draws teams from a number of divisions and randomly assigns them into groups, meaning that all teams play cross-divisional games. This worked fine in FM18 but attempting to recreate it in FM19 has me stumped.

Originally the competition should draw 120 teams from 12 leagues. This is done by "get all teams from divisions". It verifies fine but when I play in game the competition does not get scheduled and the rules tab gives a random number of team and a random number of matches. There seems to be no logic to it, different saves have given me 224, 112, 80, 32 etc teams. My rules should also have teams in a group playing each other once, eliminate draws and have silver goals and penalties if needed. These changes appear to be ignored by the rules tab too.

I have tried getting teams by other methods "use team pool" "get league stage teams" and using fewer divisions (even trying with just one division) but the competition still appears to be choosing a random number of teams.

Archived