question about tactics

yesterday i was seeing Sporting Portugal vs Braga game and noticed the following:
 When with the ball Sporting Portugal would get in defense 2 central defenders plus 1 left back as a line of 3 defenders. When without the ball the Left Back would stay as the 3rd central defender and the Left Wing Back was turned into a left back. I talk about a Left Back because this scheme has a 3rd nuance which is this is a 4-1-2-2-1 progression. the Left Back when really attacking gets into LWB position and the LWB into AML.

as the schemes under:

with ball 

LWB ----------- RWB

-----LB CD CD-----

without ball

LWB LB CD CD RW

when really attacking:

AML(former LWB)

LWB(former LB) --------- RWB

--------------CD CD--------------

How do I replicate this in football manager 2019 tactics? Anyone?

Thanks!

hey thank you for the quick reply. nevertheless, it is not what you are saying. the DM was another player and didn't played as a half-back. I totally got what you are saying.

i think that what i want is kind of hard to replicate because it felt like a left arm working. when without the ball everyone on the left retreated to do a line of 5 defenders. so 1st would come the LWB and then AML. when with ball would go extend a bit so the AML would take the LWB position. and when really attacking the LB would take LWB and the LWB the AML. it was quite interesting.

in a clear eye it was kind of a 3-4-1-2 but in reality it wasn't cause it is a 4-1-2-2-1

you can see a bit here

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/detalhe/o-sporting-sp-braga-visto-a-lupa-os-pormenores-da-estrategia-surpresa-de-keizer?ref=Sporting_BucketDestaquesPrincipais

but the thing is that borja is the LB and worked as a LB the whole game but in 3 distinct moments of the game he played in specific ways as I explained. And of course the left side was flowing according those 3 moments. with ball, without ball and attacking.

6 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Not sure it can be replicated in FM. Honestly.

that's what i think! at least in this fm. there was 1 or 2 previous version of fm that we could even edit every single position of player in attack and defense and that would be possible. that's just an idea for future fm together with what this one has already.

thanks anyways!

Archived