Changing the possible columns you could add? And a couple of more questions.

rjohansen

I have tried searching. I remember before you could add your own views/columns that could be added into the editor.

For instance: Club Long Name, Club short name, Club nickname etc. I remember doing this is an older version, but can't figure out how or find any information about it.

A few other questions:

1. What does "Is institute" actually do? 
  2.  A -1 on "Youth Recruitment" will make that club not generate regens?
  3. On "Reserve teams" you can choose "not used" or "never used" - for instance for a U19 team and I bet the club will then not regenerate a U19 club. But what is the difference between these two? What does it do in game. 
  4. Does Longitute/Latitude have any effect on the game at all? I am thinking about simplifying it very much for my own game so that every club in same region has the exact same etc. So regional selecting will be better.
  5. What is the difference when creating a affiliated club: II Club, B Club, 2 Club - is it just a name for the same thing?

4 hours ago, rjohansen said:

I have tried searching. I remember before you could add your own views/columns that could be added into the editor.

For instance: Club Long Name, Club short name, Club nickname etc. I remember doing this is an older version, but can't figure out how or find any information about it.

A few other questions:

1. What does "Is institute" actually do? 
  2.  A -1 on "Youth Recruitment" will make that club not generate regens?
  3. On "Reserve teams" you can choose "not used" or "never used" - for instance for a U19 team and I bet the club will then not regenerate a U19 club. But what is the difference between these two? What does it do in game. 
  4. Does Longitute/Latitude have any effect on the game at all? I am thinking about simplifying it very much for my own game so that every club in same region has the exact same etc. So regional selecting will be better.
  5.  What is the difference when creating a affiliated club: II Club, B Club, 2 Club - is it just a name for the same thing?

1. Institute is a club concentrated on 'selling' players, usually these are big academies like french Clairefontaine, qatari ASPIRE or polish Escola Varsovia.

2. I think you'll get random number

4. It has big effect on regional divisions, when these are not set in clubs menu - the game will 'seed' club to closest division (according to city/stadium longitude/latitude). So it's better to set long/latt and regional divisions to distribute clubs to their correct divisions.

5. Not really, B and C clubs are like in spain and portugal - II teams but you don't have control over them and their coaching (they have their own staff usually) and you can't move freely players between them. II, 2,3 as far as I can see are just other names. But I haven't tested this thoroughly so don't take my words for granted.

8 hours ago, Bigpole said:

1. Institute is a club concentrated on 'selling' players, usually these are big academies like french Clairefontaine, qatari ASPIRE or polish Escola Varsovia.

2. I think you'll get random number

4. It has big effect on regional divisions, when these are not set in clubs menu - the game will 'seed' club to closest division (according to city/stadium longitude/latitude). So it's better to set long/latt and regional divisions to distribute clubs to their correct divisions.

5. Not really, B and C clubs are like in spain and portugal - II teams but you don't have control over them and their coaching (they have their own staff usually) and you can't move freely players between them. II, 2,3 as far as I can see are just other names. But I haven't tested this thoroughly so don't take my words for granted.

1. Great. That is what I was thinking, I was more wondering what it actual does in game. Does it generate better quality than normal etc. Or does it for instance generate players from all over the country rather than mostly from same area.

2. Sure about that? Is not 0 random, I remember in an earlier version of the game I could use -1 to NOT generate regens for a specific club. But it's been some years since I last played FM.

4. I know it has that effect :) But I would like to simplify it even further so that for instance one region - all cities have the same longitude/latitude - so to make regional pickings even "easier" for the game. But am worried about sideeffects like regens for instance. If all cities in a region have the same long/lat - will regens at one of these clubs then came from all over the place and not just primarily the city it should.

5. That is what I was thinking too, so it's just cosmetic names, but the effects are the same. Does not matter if you use "II", "2" or "B" - another follow-up, if creating a "C" club then - would the game then rate this one below a "2" club if you create that in the first time "Reserve Teams" menu. Ie. You can (as far as I know) only create two teams here, so a solution is to create a "C" team affiliate. Just wonder if the game (AI) would treat such a club as a "lower" reserve team than the one created in the "Reserve Teams" menu.

57 minutes ago, rjohansen said:

1. Great. That is what I was thinking, I was more wondering what it actual does in game. Does it generate better quality than normal etc. Or does it for instance generate players from all over the country rather than mostly from same area.

2. Sure about that? Is not 0 random, I remember in an earlier version of the game I could use -1 to NOT generate regens for a specific club. But it's been some years since I last played FM.

4. I know it has that effect :) But I would like to simplify it even further so that for instance one region - all cities have the same longitude/latitude - so to make regional pickings even "easier" for the game. But am worried about sideeffects like regens for instance. If all cities in a region have the same long/lat - will regens at one of these clubs then came from all over the place and not just primarily the city it should.

5. That is what I was thinking too, so it's just cosmetic names, but the effects are the same. Does not matter if you use "II", "2" or "B" - another follow-up, if creating a "C" club then - would the game then rate this one below a "2" club if you create that in the first time "Reserve Teams" menu. Ie. You can (as far as I know) only create two teams here, so a solution is to create a "C" team affiliate. Just wonder if the game (AI) would treat such a club as a "lower" reserve team than the one created in the "Reserve Teams" menu.

1. My bet this option is to 'restrain' these clubs from buying players. Institute clubs in database are set with high youth ratings/facilities/recruitment so they produce more quality players than normal. And if you set youth recruitment yes, you will have bigger pool of players from this 'academy'.

2. I know that 0 is 'not set' so this is random, but -1 may be random as well. I haven't played with not having youth intake so u have to test it.

4. When regens are spawning - it's not only city of your club that comes to equation. It's reputation, youth facilities, youth recruitment (low rating means only club's city, high rating means a bigger circle of cities). So if you have cities with the same long/lat, you'll probably get a mix of players from these cities. But as I've said, club facilities and recruitment are more important than city itself when it comes to youth intake.

5. My bet is that if club has two reserve teams - the reputation of reserve club might come into play a little bit, but bear in mind that reputation of division reserve team is playing is also important. The names II, B, 2 are for us researchers to proper 'name' the reserve team, but the game I think recognizes them as second or in case of C - third team.

On 05/02/2019 at 07:49, rjohansen said:

just to clarify - the -1 will not create regens in club (checked)

Archived