Travel to away matches

Is there a specific distance between stadiums that determines whether travel to matches is classed as short or long? I'm seeing matches that would take less than an hour to get to on the team bus classed as long travel (so the team leave the day before the match and come home the day after), which reduces the number of training slots I have available.

This seems very unrealistic as players wouldn't have to have two nights away from their family for most away matches (especially in Scotland where there is not a big distance to travel) so think this may be a bug.

I wonder if this may be a bug related just to Scotland. As Hearts every one of my away games needed two days of travel (except Hibs and Livingston which require none) but if I take over a random English team (Harrogate I think it was) the travel for away games is always on the same day as the game. 

Not sure if this is something I can change in the editor? 

• SI Staff

The examples above sound like they fall under our reputation/division rule rather than distance.

Excluding matches extremely near-by, eg. same city, most top division or high reputation clubs travel the night before a match.

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, scottmcl84 said:

Hi @Seb Wassell. Thanks for the response. If it's working as designed then fair enough, it just seems very unlikely that teams would have two-night stays for away games 30 miles away. 

If you've got some examples that look a bit off, please do get them posted in the Training bugs forum and I'll take a look. We have a solid system in place for deciding on travel, but we can certainly tweak this as examples arise.

4 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

If you've got some examples that look a bit off, please do get them posted in the Training bugs forum and I'll take a look. We have a solid system in place for deciding on travel, but we can certainly tweak this as examples arise.

Will do that when I'm back online tonight, thanks again :thup:

Archived