Importing panels from one skin to another

ferociousblazze

I have two skins I really like, one is rensie's and the other is tcs's work the space edition. I really like the overall look of tcs's skin but found that the home panels and the panels from between the highlights are very much lacking compared to rensie's so i thought about inmporting them to tcs's. I copied the files for the corresponding panels and although the ones for the home page show up exactly as they do in rensie's but with the tcs feel, the in between highlights ones show up but without the dropdown menu so that I can pick and choose which panel will show up where. I can't make heads or tales what part of the xml i've ported over i should edit to fix this... Is there anyone who could point me to the right direction? 

edit: tcs not tcm

I copied all the contents inside the match folder from panels. The problem isn't that the panels dont appear, the only problem is that there is no drop down menu for each position to chose which panel i want to see where. And the funny thing is that in the home panel where I did the same thing the drop down is there. I'm guessing there is some kind of option that was enabled in rensie's skin to have the drop down appear for each panel but i don't know how that would look

If it works in the original skin copying the entire folder over would give you the same output if copied correctly with all referenced panels from any other locations.

Remove the "match" folder completely from the skin you are using, then copy in the desired folder to avoid any potential conflicts.

Again also check for any other panels that are called in the code that you may then be missing - there are no guarantees that these would always be in the match folder.

thus far the only file i've found to be referenced that is not in the match folder is 'file="client_object/client object viewer selector match"'  which I also cant find in the client_object folder of the rensie skin

edit: found the same file in the flutskin... copied it and it seems to be working. Kinda strange though :P

I removed all the files inside the match folder of the "TCS '19 v1.0.1 - WTS Edition"copied the files of the match folder from the "Rensie FM19 Purple Skin" and then I created a folder called "client_object" where I placed the "client object viewer selector match" file I found in the flutskin  "client_object" folder. There is probably a better fix but it's really late where I live right now and I can't be bothered since it works,at least for now.

Archived